Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I am not talking about today or tomorrow or this season but if the Oilers will start their rebuild in two years then they will remember what the Blues did to them. Blues have like the most underrated prospect system in the the whole NHL.
Both Bowman and Armstong will likely be gone before that's feasible. Ownership probably remains and maybe there's some vindictiveness but it's likely water under the bridge. Plus I don't forsee the Blues being contenders anytime soon and I can't see it hurting nearly as bad if it did happen. It's not like Broberg or Holloway are game-changers

Reactions: AvsMakar08

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
There’s no way you can match that Broberg contract, even if you can easily create the space with LTIR. Let him walk and take the pick. Let it be Blues’ problem.

Holloway had some moments in the playoffs. He could be an expensive bottom six guy but I think I might keep him if I were EDM.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I want more clarification on this than I’d want to know what the plan with Nichushkin is. We’ve been told he’s making a comeback this year. So like October/November or February/March?? Well probly know a little closer to camp or start of season. If his timeline remains accurate for recovery, I feel like it’ll be November or December.
Unfortunately, there’s no way to get clarification. The Avs have zero control over when Nuke comes back. Nuke first has to satisfy the 6month suspension which brings him to mid-November. At that point, he needs to apply for re-instatement to the league, who will judge if he can come back.

The only thing the avs can do is plan his trade, or cap space IF he returns. But Nuke is the only one who can control this. The Avs are stuck relying on him to get back into the league.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Unfortunately, there’s no way to get clarification. The Avs have zero control over when Nuke comes back. Nuke first has to satisfy the 6month suspension which brings him to mid-November. At that point, he needs to apply for re-instatement to the league, who will judge if he can come back.

The only thing the avs can do is plan his trade, or cap space IF he returns. But Nuke is the only one who can control this. The Avs are stuck relying on him to get back into the league.
I expect that reinstatement will probably be just a formality and if he wants his NHL money, he'll be there the 1st day that he's eligible.

Reactions: Alienblood

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
IMG_0418.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: The Moops

AvsFan4

Jul 18, 2024

I was talking about Landeskog, apologies if I worded my post weird. But we obviously know how important to our success and how good of a player he is. I think his situation is more clear. Would anyone really want to take that risk on? Would we even get a fair return if we traded Nuke? Think our best bet is to run it back. Either we get a helluva player back at $6M or he f***s up again and then we can get rid of him Scott free

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Toasted ravioli though
And sad excuses for pizza

I was talking about Landeskog, apologies if I worded my post weird. But we obviously know how important to our success and how good of a player he is. I think his situation is more clear. Would anyone really want to take that risk on? Would we even get a fair return if we traded Nuke? Think our best bet is to run it back. Either we get a helluva player back at $6M or he f***s up again and then we can get rid of him Scott free
Not at all guaranteed.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Elliotte says Nashville has been vetting teams about offers for Askarov, and that Askarov wants to play in the NHL next year, not the AHL.

Also,

“I did have some teams tell me that they do think there’s some optimism that Colorado and Rantanen can get something done,” he said. “You start to do your planning a year out. They’re starting to take Draisaitl off their boards because they think that’s going to get done in Edmonton, and I had some teams tell me they don’t have any reason to believe, right now, that Rantanen is going to be a hard one to get done either. We’ll see where that goes.”

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Elliotte says Nashville has been vetting teams about offers for Askarov, and that Askarov wants to play in the NHL next year, not the AHL.

Also,

Can't see them going after Askarov after investing so much draft capital on goalies this past draft unless Nabokov goes the other way.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Where is that Askarov talk comes from? Have we been linked to him?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This feels like Trotz overplayed his hand massively at the draft expecting a top 5-10 pick in exchange for Askarov, realized teams balked at the insane asking price and is now trying to salvage the asset because Askarov likely wants nothing to do with Nashville.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This feels like Trotz overplayed his hand massively at the draft expecting a top 5-10 pick in exchange for Askarov, realized teams balked at the insane asking price and is now trying to salvage the asset because Askarov likely wants nothing to do with Nashville.
Why does it feel that way? Did the asking price go down? What the hell am I missing?

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Getting a #1 G might help our window, too.
It definitely would and I'd gladly pay what it takes for Askarov. I'd love to keep the team competitive for the entire Makar prime.

I don't see it happening though, because like @Muffin said the Avs just spent a ton of draft capital on goalies. You don't do that and then turn around and pay through the nose for a 22 yo starter.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
It probably would. Askarov is not that though. He could be, but he's not that today.
Well if you trade out annunen, use askarov behind George for a year. It adds to his development, then just get a cheaper backup next year, bring over Nabokov next

24-25
Georgie
Askarov

25-26
Askarov (bridge deal)
???

26-27
Askarov
Nabokov (ELC)

In an ideal world that is..

Ad

Upcoming events