Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'd happily take Kadri back so long as the Flames were willing to take back both Ross Colton and Miles Wood and retained ~1.5M on Kadri's contract.
Even if the Flames were willing to do that, good luck with Colton's NTC.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think MacK gave a roughly half million discount. There, but he still clearly wanted to have the biggest contract in the league. Dude is making >16m for the first 3 years of his deal and then >12 for the forth. Any discount is pretty small.

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
Just a thought since this is Silly Season:

Give away whatever draft choices / prospects it takes to get Kadri double-retained. Ideally, send Wood in the trade as well. Then, put Kadri between Colton and LOC. Nominally that is the third line. That said, most opponents 1st lines would absolutely hate playing against that line. It could be a shut-down line against 28+ of the teams' 1st lines. Then Let Drouin - Mac - ( Ritchie? Landy?) feast on 2nd lines while Lehky - Mitts - Mikko simply feast on 3rd line forwards.

Sure, Kadri probably has only 1 - 2 truly quality years left. But double retained, he could be an amazing 4C in the remaining years 3,4 and 5.

In theory, if CMac was forced ( or wanted to) let Mikko go, the Avs could put Kadri on Mitts' wing instead of Mikko for a year.

I don't think either will happen, but a combo of letting Mikko walk and bringing in a double-retained Kadri might add 2 years to the window.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think MacK gave a roughly half million discount.
I don't believe so. That would be 13.1M X 8.

A team on the open market would have had to offer him 15M X 7 to match that. Don't forget that it was 2 summers ago when salaries were lower and Mack didn't have his monster season yet.

The "discount" was spreading the 100M contract over 8 years with the Avs vs over 7 years with any other suitor. Just like Nuke and Landy.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

A team on the open market would have had to offer him 15M X 7 to match that. Don't forget that it was 2 summers ago when salaries were lower and Mack didn't have his monster season yet.

The "discount" was spreading the 100M contract over 8 years with the Avs vs over 7 years with any other suitor.
You're completely discounting somebody giving some money for the 8th year. Even if it is $4m it changes that a good chunk.

I also absolutely believe some idiot would have put up over $14m.

Reactions: missionAvs

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Just a thought since this is Silly Season:

Give away whatever draft choices / prospects it takes to get Kadri double-retained. Ideally, send Wood in the trade as well. Then, put Kadri between Colton and LOC. Nominally that is the third line. That said, most opponents 1st lines would absolutely hate playing against that line. It could be a shut-down line against 28+ of the teams' 1st lines. Then Let Drouin - Mac - ( Ritchie? Landy?) feast on 2nd lines while Lehky - Mitts - Mikko simply feast on 3rd line forwards.

Sure, Kadri probably has only 1 - 2 truly quality years left. But double retained, he could be an amazing 4C in the remaining years 3,4 and 5.

In theory, if CMac was forced ( or wanted to) let Mikko go, the Avs could put Kadri on Mitts' wing instead of Mikko for a year.

I don't think either will happen, but a combo of letting Mikko walk and bringing in a double-retained Kadri might add 2 years to the window.
Kadri double retained for what, 5 more years?

Maybe you can set me up with Salma Hayek too while we're talking about fantasies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Oh I see we're still wanting Kadri back

grandpa-abe-exit.gif

I'll try this thread again around Christmas.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Kadri double retained for what, 5 more years?

Maybe you can set me up with Salma Hayek too while we're talking about fantasies.
Why are you bringing my girlfriend into this?

OK I should probably wake up now..........

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

The "discount" was spreading the 100M contract over 8 years with the Avs vs over 7 years with any other suitor. Just like Nuke and Landy.
Tavares got offered 13 per 6 years ago. Mack who’s a better player getting 15 from some random team seems very feasible to me.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I’m sure Kadri would love to go back to the Avs, that’s not really a top notch reporting there. The only thing is Avs already traded Byram for a 2C and if anything, Avs don’t need another top 6 center, they need Landy and Val back or if those 2 aren’t coming back, we need wingers. We do need a 4C though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad