Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Was it simply discontent on his contract offer that made him bail?
I'm sure there are those that know all the details here, but my recollection is that Anderson wanted a 4yr 12m contract from the Avs during the summer prior and the Avs didn't want to give him term or that much. It got especially ugly in negotiations after Christmas where Anderson's camp broke it off and asked to be moved.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think it'd take a LOT more than that, they like Montembeault, and I don't think Primeau is going to be ready for at least another year.
Montreal isn't trading Monty anytime soon. Why would they? They have no one else to replace him and are trying to get in the mix for a playoff spot this year.

Primeau is likely available though because their #3 (Dobes) is NHL ready and was better than Primeau at training camp. I'd not feel comfortable at all to have Primeau for #1 though.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Jose Threeorfour? He plateaued for a very short period.
He had his struggles (hey, thankfully they had a pretty good backup at the time!) but IIRC he's the only Avs goalie to have beaten the Minnesota Wylde in the playoffs (something neither Patrick Roy nor Semyon Varlamov can say), and he was definitely the primary reason for that playoff series win.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
It's not that our defense has gotten worse. It's the idea that our depth has suffered and as such, our top guys play more which makes them worse because they're more tired through the course of games.

Because we have to rely on top-heavy rosters rather than super deep rosters, we can't play the "overwhelm with pressure" style Bednar wants and we get hemmed in more now IMO than we have in the past. Thus, the goaltending needs to make up for the lack of depth and it just hasn't the last two seasons.
The bolder part is what’s killing Makar, combine with be paired with jokes of D partners when Toews is gone. The start of the 2nd last night Makar was stuck out for the first two minutes…a couple icings yeah can make a change but, then we get a stop by Georgie allowing for a change….Makar stayed out!!! I don’t care if you’re bringing out the big boys after a whistle you can’t have a D be on the ice playing trapped in his own zone D for 2+ minutes and expect him to not make a few exhausted errors. That to me is on the coaching staff as a whole.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Makar plays nearly 30 min a game including PK, with shit partners, and is rocking a 2 PPG. Leave him alone.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Makar plays nearly 30 min a game including PK, with shit partners, and is rocking a 2 PPG. Leave him alone.
leavebritneyalone.gif

Also:

R.b94cdd9e1e8f72027744c672d12e4447

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
Was it simply discontent on his contract offer that made him bail?
As far as I remember it was. Didn’t he want to be paid like a top 3 goalie and this internal AVS cap wouldn’t allow that and or the dont ever pay a goalie their value strategy of Colorado dates that far back? I could be wrong but he was great here and helped that young team way over achieve, then got pissy and stopped trying then went to Ottawa and was top tier again for them for a decent period. I remember the day the AVS signed him as a free agent. I was so happy we finally had a real goalie

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Early season hot take Avs should have been all over Stolarz.
Not even Stolarz, Lankinen. Stolarz actually costs money, and he specifically wanted Toronto. Lankinen was all up for grabs until Vancouver got him when Demko situation blew up.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'm not too upset over the backup... but man, it would have been really, really nice to have figured out a Markstrom or Ullmark swap.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Except, are you talking about Charlie Lindgren?

Why would the Caps give up on him so early?
Let me preface that imo, any goalie move would happen later on in the season, not now.

Not so much giving up, but he’s ultimately the backup in Washington. Maybe the asset is worth the move to them seeing as how they have a starter.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm not too upset over the backup... but man, it would have been really, really nice to have figured out a Markstrom or Ullmark swap.
Ullmark was traded for Korpisalo who had heavy negative value with that contract and a 1st. And his cap hit this season is only 5M

That's such a miss

Not as much as Kovacevic, but damn close.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The offseason goalie market was so underwhelming in terms of value... I am too pissed that we were not in on Markström when that was all it cost.

Reactions: henchman21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad