Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Am I crazy for wanting to take a run at Skinner more than keeping Drouin?
Nope... Drouin is likely the better player today (though not guaranteed as Skinner is just one season removed from a ppg season and 35g), but you can probably lock in Skinner for ~2m for a season and get 25+g 25+a, with an outside chance of 30-30. He also has proven chemistry with Mitts.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Nope... Drouin is likely the better player today, but you can probably lock in Skinner for ~2m for a season and get 25+g 25+a, with an outside chance of 30-30. He also has proven chemistry with Mitts.
Wait...you think it's a possibility that Skinner gets around 2M a season (indicating possible more than 1 year deal)? I would immediately jump at that before re-signing Drouin (whose redemption story this year I did truly enjoy).

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I don't think any of the RFA/UFA guys in the minors beyond maybe Prosterov should get NHL deals.
Prosterov might sneak through waivers again and he isn't really mission critical for the NHL club

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Wait...you think it's a possibility that Skinner gets around 2M a season (indicating possible more than 1 year deal)? I would immediately jump at that before re-signing Drouin (whose redemption story this year I did truly enjoy).
You're reading that too quickly. I think he signs a 1 year deal for around 2m.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He's going to get plenty of money from that buyout, thus signing for cheap is financially possible. And if I was him, I sure as hell would want to sign for a contender. Dude has played 14 seasons in the NHL, just over 1000 games. 0 playoff games. Zero. Nada.

I think there will plenty of contenders after him, as long as he's willing to take that cheap deal.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
We need some more PK guys, any interest in bringing back NAK?
This is a sure fire way to engage stage 4.

He's going to get plenty of money from that buyout, thus signing for cheap is financially possible. And if I was him, I sure as hell would want to sign for a contender. Dude has played 14 seasons in the NHL, just over 1000 games. 0 playoff games. Zero. Nada.

I think there will plenty of contenders after him, as long as he's willing to take that cheap deal.
He should net ~14.7 of the 22m he's owed still. So ~7m over 3 years and he breaks even. $2-3m seems like the right range. Gotta beat out Toronto, Florida, and Vegas though.

Reactions: Mighty Makar

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think any of the RFA/UFA guys in the minors beyond maybe Prosterov should get NHL deals.
Prosterov might sneak through waivers again and he isn't really mission critical for the NHL club
Prosvetov is rumored to have signed a 3 year deal with CSKA... no idea if that was formally announced yet or not.

One of the best locker room guys in the business (and one of the worst players in the league).

Reactions: AslanRH

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Prosvetov is rumored to have signed a 3 year deal with CSKA... no idea if that was formally announced yet or not.
I'm sure I'm wrong because prospect/player evaluations of this sort are no where near my forte (I watch hockey for enjoyment, etc. but as you & I have discussed privately, I just do not possess the time required to deep dive on this stuff)...

But I always just felt like Prosvetov has the raw tools/skills to be refined in to, at the very least, a solid backup, and possibly more.

Like was he objectively bad at times for us this season? Yeah, I wouldn't deny that, but I also think he possesses an interesting skill set that could have done very well at the NHL level with some refinement.

Reactions: Alienblood

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He should net ~14.7 of the 22m he's owed still. So ~7m over 3 years and he breaks even. $2-3m seems like the right range. Gotta beat out Toronto, Florida, and Vegas though.
Whoever loses out on Guentzel, will probably be after Skinner. Vancouver, New York (though they might be after Kane more)... Hell I wouldn't even be surprised if there was a reunion with Carolina.

Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'm sure I'm wrong because prospect/player evaluations of this sort are no where near my forte (I watch hockey for enjoyment, etc. but as you & I have discussed privately, I just do not possess the time required to deep dive on this stuff)...

But I always just felt like Prosvetov has the raw tools/skills to be refined in to, at the very least, a solid backup, and possibly more.

Like was he objectively bad at times for us this season? Yeah, I wouldn't deny that, but I also think he possesses an interesting skill set that could have done very well at the NHL level with some refinement.
He's got an insane physical skill set, but doesn't read the play well and has a lot of technical flaws. At his age, he's probably not going to get over those. I think if given a run later in his career he'd solidify a NHL role, but he's a bit too wild for NHL teams today. Same problem with Alex Lyon and what Tim Thomas faced for a long time.

Whoever loses out on Guentzel, will probably be after Skinner. Vancouver, New York (though they might be after Kane more)... Hell I wouldn't even be surprised if there was a reunion with Carolina.
Anybody that needs cheap top 6 depth will probably be in on him. Skinner is likely going to choose on a basis of his preferred location combined with ability to contend. IMO Toronto is the team that probably has the inside edge over everyone.

Reactions: LOFIN

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Maybe we could kick tires on Chris Tierney?

Trenin for 1 million would be a good start.

Now I got it... Zemgus Girgensons!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad