Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
With regards to Drouin, I think the Avs would be missing out on a massive asset if they let him walk. Drouin had a much more significant impact than Colton and I think there’s a chance he accepts less than him too. If you can get Drouin on a contract of $4m or less you move pieces to make it work.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
With regards to Drouin, I think the Avs would be missing out on a massive asset if they let him walk. Drouin had a much more significant impact than Colton and I think there’s a chance he accepts less than him too. If you can get Drouin on a contract of $4m or less you move pieces to make it work.
I agree. At 4M Drouin would easily overplay his contract and that's exactly what contenders need. You move guys that don't overplay their contracts to make room for players that do.

Girard, Manson, Colton...all of them are useful but none of them overplay their contract.

You need as many guys that are under market value as possible.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I agree. At 4M Drouin would easily overplay his contract and that's exactly what contenders need. You move guys that don't overplay their contracts to make room for players that do.

Girard, Manson, Colton...all of them are useful but none of them overplay their contract.

The most damn ing thing is giving up a first rounder and signing Colton to an at market contract who doesn't even fill a role that well.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta

Exactly, it is a massive assumption that Drouin would take $4m or less just given the fact that he could probably go to Chicago and get $5-6m, but hopefully the mental health side of it makes the payout worth it for him.

I’m probably in the minority, but I thought Girard was consistently our best defender in the playoffs and out played his contract. With that being said, Manson did a lot of small things to help Girard play that way. While they might be at their contract value, I think it’s better to hold on to that pairing.

Colton and Wood on the other hand played at or below their contracts. I felt that both were pretty unnoticeable during playoffs and I think we could get cheaper players to have a similar impact. Particularly in Wood’s case (shocker).

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It would be a huge mistake to let him walk. He proved that he is a capable top 6 player, we are super thin on that with the Nuke uncertainty, the Landy health and even Lehk will be out some to start next year.

Basically once again it's going to be do we want Girard or Drouin. Last time it was basically Kadri or Girard.

My take is Drouin due to the absolute lack of offensive depth or prospects.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
It would be a huge mistake to let him walk. He proved that he is a capable top 6 player, we are super thin on that with the Nuke uncertainty, the Landy health and even Lehk will be out some to start next year.

Basically once again it's going to be do we want Girard or Drouin. Last time it was basically Kadri or Girard.

My take is Drouin due to the absolute lack of offensive depth or prospects.

I see it more as Colton/Wood or Drouin. Girard in my opinion has proven he has more worth than both Colton and Wood combined.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I would take Ullmark here quite easily. He is very clearly an upgrade on George, but also, he has shown in Boston to be quite fine with being used in a tandem role. He would be the perfect 1A that could allow us to get Annunen more starts and more opportunities next year to see of he's at all capable of being a 1A himself. You won't be able to do that with George.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I would take Ullmark here quite easily. He is very clearly an upgrade on George, but also, he has shown in Boston to be quite fine with being used in a tandem role. He would be the perfect 1A that could allow us to get Annunen more starts and more opportunities next year to see of he's at all capable of being a 1A himself. You won't be able to do that with George.
Then how do the Avs resign Ullmark? He won’t take anything less than 6 or 7 mill if not more

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Then how do the Avs resign Ullmark? He won’t take anything less than 6 or 7 mill if not more

Cross that bridge next year.

But just to be clear, if you're right(Which we have no clue btw what Ullmark wants), and he wants $6M as a UFA in July 2025, that's only a $1M raise to what he'd make this year. We absolutely no question can find $1M if we wanted to re-sign him.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
How do we accomplish ullmark though?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Cross that bridge next year.

But just to be clear, if you're right(Which we have no clue btw what Ullmark wants), and he wants $6M as a UFA in July 2025, that's only a $1M raise to what he'd make this year. We absolutely no question can find $1M if we wanted to re-sign him.
I mean if we trade for him in this offseason, it will have to be with retention. We need to trade Georgiev and get Ullmark with retention so he’s making the same 3.5 mill as George for next year.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
And on 2nd thought, I don’t think Ullmark is gonna make anything less than 8 mill on his next contract. He’s a recent Vezina winner. He’s gonna get a Hellebuyck contract

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We don’t have a lot of cap space. CMac was talking about finding players with minimum contracts, ELCs next year. He’s not gonna change Georgiev with a goalie who’s making more.
1716658747085.png

It can absolutely be done.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We don’t even know what’s gonna happen with Landy and Val. If they both back during the regular season, that’s 13 mill added to the cap

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I don’t think Avs are stupid enough to pay a goalie a lot of money after what we did to Vezina winner Hellebuyck who’s making 8.5 mill. I’d like Ullmark but he’s gonna make too much money on his next contract. So pass

Reactions: Alienblood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad