Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
It would likely cost an arm and a leg for Jenner @50% but it would certainly be worth it.

Mack - Mitts - Jenner down the middle for 2 runs would be phenomenal.
Or how about just pay up and get Jenner double retained via a 3rd team to get him at $937,000 AAV for 2 years...

Then you may even squeeze Drouin in as well along with Nichushkin @5m

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Colton has to be replaced though….?
1719505653437.png

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The Avs don't have a ton of assets to be paying for a bunch of retention. The ones they do have, they've shown a strong reluctance to letting go of.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
If we trade Colton, I still think the best replacements are Gourde @50% at the deadline or Pageau if he's bought out.

Obviously the Gourde move isn't a guaranteed option so we'd have to hedge our bets in the meantime.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Trouba rumours just do not make a lot of sense to me. You sign him to a huge contract, you make him captain, the cap is going up, and now you want him to GTFO? He's not perfect, but he's still a damn good defenceman who played the entire postseason injured.

The Avs don't have a ton of assets to be paying for a bunch of retention. The ones they do have, they've shown a strong reluctance to letting go of.
I might sound like a broken record but MacFarland seems like he wants to do a duality of rebuilding the prospect pool while also going for it. Not sure if that's the right method, but it's the one we are stuck with; keep the 1st, trade all the 2nd, 3rd, and secondary prospects, while keeping the prime bluechip ones.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Trouba rumours just do not make a lot of sense to me. You sign him to a huge contract, you make him captain, the cap is going up, and now you want him to GTFO? He's not perfect, but he's still a damn good defenceman who played the entire postseason injured.

I might sound like a broken record but MacFarland seems like he wants to do a duality of rebuilding the prospect pool while also going for it. Not sure if that's the right method, but it's the one we are stuck with; keep the 1st, trade all the 2nd, 3rd, and secondary prospects, while keeping the prime bluechip ones.
Drafting well and adding strong players on ELCs is what we need to stay competitive. It's not a bad plan.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
AHL line will be super good since they get so much rest!
Maybe... maybe they are all Dermys who are so negative in their 2 minutes that you cut them further! :laugh:

If the Avs cut from the bottom 6 even further, I do fear a 1900++ minute season is in store for Mikko and MacK... which is WAY too much.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Maybe... maybe they are all Dermys who are so negative in their 2 minutes that you cut them further! :laugh:

If the Avs cut from the bottom 6 even further, I do fear a 1900++ minute season is in store for Mikko and MacK... which is WAY too much.
AFAIK, nothing in the CBA that says you can't just play a 15 man roster.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
That's exactly what they are doing... and it is a mistake.

Drafting well and adding strong players on ELCs is what we need to stay competitive. It's not a bad plan.

Most late first rounders start their first impact at their +3 season and to be in larger roles that is typically their +4 or +5 season. +6 or not at all isn't unheard of. Extrapolating that out from today or even last year, you get a lot of the core in their early to mid 30s. Which is the area where they won't be contenders. These picks are really more of a rebuild territory and not stay competitive territory. Unless you define competitive as what the Penguins are doing... maybe you make the playoffs but are really not a threat to win anything of substance.

AFAIK, nothing in the CBA that says you can't just play a 15 man roster.
Actually doing so you get free spots!

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Or how about just pay up and get Jenner double retained via a 3rd team to get him at $937,000 AAV for 2 years...

Then you may even squeeze Drouin in as well along with Nichushkin @5m

Jenner double retained allows you to add Drouin at $4.25m and still ice a 22 man roster, as shown in this AGM:

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
I do believe we can get some guys coming off down years or injury troubles can sign cheap and short term. And we can sell them on possibly winning a Cup and/or rejuvenating your career here and cashing in elsewhere. Yes there’s risk on their side too I get that. But here’s some possibilities on people who could bring value to 2nd-4th lines while also not breaking the bank.

PKane, Perron, Arvidsson, LaBanc, Kapanen, Skinner, Heinen, Amadio, Stenlund.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
In order to draft well, don't you have to draft well?
This is the thing. The Avs whiffing on first rounders in 2016, 2018 and 2021 really sting. And then being unable to get anything of substance outside the first round since 2009 also hurts. Thankfully they were able to get good returns on Barron and Helleson. Hopefully Ritchie and Gulyayev become players. If Behrens and Kovalenko hit they would be the first non first rounders to become contributing players for the Avs in forever.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Is Pageau a better option at 3C than Colton? If so, trade Rosco for picks and hopefully the Islanders buy out Pageau and we sign him for $1.5M-$2M. ;)

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Was the blonde part of the all inclusive nature of the vacation? Maybe there's an argument there that in order to maximize the value of the all inclusive trip, you need to take advantage of everything on offer?
LOL I don’t think so but that’s a great idea to add to all inclusive vacations.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
16 Players. Not 13. I would even argue 17 players as Wagner is the perfect 13th forward on his league minimum deal for us.

Lehky - Mack - Mikko
Landy - Mitts - Nuke
Wood - Colton - LOC
Kovalenko - ???? - ????
Wagner

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
???? - ????

George
Annunen

With Wagner as 13F, they've got roughly $5M to spend once you factor Nuke in at a cap hit of $5M this year.

Its tight but certainly not nearly as dire as you both are suggesting with the 13 players claim. $5M and 4 or 5 roster spots to fill.
Once covering Nuke and Landy isn't really fair. They will be available at some point. Landy maybe Oct, maybe not. Nuke mid Nov At best. So you really need to account for two more spots. As bodies will be needed.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
That's exactly what they are doing... and it is a mistake.

Most late first rounders start their first impact at their +3 season and to be in larger roles that is typically their +4 or +5 season. +6 or not at all isn't unheard of. Extrapolating that out from today or even last year, you get a lot of the core in their early to mid 30s. Which is the area where they won't be contenders. These picks are really more of a rebuild territory and not stay competitive territory. Unless you define competitive as what the Penguins are doing... maybe you make the playoffs but are really not a threat to win anything of substance.

Actually doing so you get free spots!
Just think of what the Avs may have accomplished in the playoffs the last 3-4 years had they not held onto the 1st round picks used on Kaut, Olausson, Jost etc. At least they traded Barron and Newhook before their values dropped.

The Mittelstadt contract and aging core gives this team a 3 year window during which every non roster piece should be on the table to get max value from the roster and cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad