2024-2025 Tank Thread

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Just checked to see that we still have our 1st and 2nd round pick? We just don't have our 3rd and 4th (but have Ottawa's 4th)?

Reactions: theguardianII

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Define high end players. Trading Pettersson, Hughes or Demko would turn this into a rebuild. Trading Miller or Boeser would make sense if we're going to retool, but wouldn't make sense from the perspective that they're the ones that are actually playing well.
Makes you wonder though. If this year isn't very good then all those players listed have only played in one winning season ever. How many losing season's before a rebuild anyway? The last 12 years have had two regular playoff appearance and one Covid added playin/playoff that under normal season they would not have earned.
Jesus christ
Yes, you called :D
Even if we’re floundering about halfway into the season, I still see them trading our first rounder, so I don’t see the point of this thread.
Tocchet is all in to secure his next contract, these are the players he wanted as was said in the interview so ya, but there is no cap space so any trade is for a rental and trading away 1rst's for rentals without cap space is almost suicide eventually and at sometime
Elias Pettersson and the sh^tty management during the (yes, I'm talking the D) summer is going to sink this team.

might as well jump on the Tank Thread as it's been awhile.

giphy.gif
IMO a tank thread is a little premature if only considering THIS season but if thinking the bigger picture, future planning then maybe not because this group and cap space aren't very promising in 2+ years.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
I think we have an outside chance of a top 10 pick.

Demko out.
EP 40 poor play.
Back end in shambles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad