Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
If it's Chicken Run, I am fully prepared to pluck his feathers, then prepare the tar to use on Sweeney! Take someone else not him, Donnie!

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
That would be a great return Wally. I like the potential rotation - big and skilled:

Chychrun - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo
Lohrei - Peeke
Wotherspoon

I'm guessing that the Flyers are getting Chychrun, I believe his dad played for them and they need help on D. The Bruins will acquire another forward in this deal if it goes down as we all hope, my 2 cents worth.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Sergachev developed fine behind Hedman-McDonough.

I wouldn’t be too worried about Lohrei being behind Lindholm and Chychrun.

Lindholm-Carlo would be the defacto shutdown line so the offensive zone starts would be split between 1st and 3rd pairings I would imagine.

Reactions: PlayMakers

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I read it as the pick (or two) from Philly and a player from Ottawa.
Could be. I'm not claiming I know who it is.

Lindholm-Carlo would be the defacto shutdown line so the offensive zone starts would be split between 1st and 3rd pairings I would imagine.
Are you running Chychrun on the PK or Lohrei?

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Could be. I'm not claiming I know who it is.

Are you running Chychrun on the PK or Lohrei?

If you’re trying to develop Lohrei into a more all around guy(vs just an offensive dman )I’d give him the PK minutes.

I’d expect growing pains that hurt the team for a bit but not enough to be the difference between making or missing the playoffs.

Also the bruins aren’t strangers to rolling out dmen on their offside on the PK.

So if Lohrei on the Pk is catastrophic go some combo of Lindholm, Mac, Carlo, Peeke.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Who’s left that could potentially be interested in Ullmark?

Ottawa
Toronto
Carolina
Jackets
Red wings
Utah?

Anyone I'm missing?

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Ullmark + Geekie for 12 OA +extra Philly pick + one of Pinto/Greig/Chychrun? There's not a whole lot on that Sens roster that I'd want that I also think would be movable from the Sens POV.
I would love Greig, does anyone know if his dad is still a Flyers scout?

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
As far as one more year until UFA, yes. But you have plenty of room for a resigned Konecny. Are you resigning Chychrun with Lohrei there? Definitely the same type of defenseman, at least at a high level. You’d be relegating Lohrei (or Chychrun) to third pair duty long term.
There’s certainly truth there, but if Lohrei were to develop like we all hope he does, there’s no reason they couldn’t potentially look to move Lindholm.

It would be a situation not to dissimilar to Ullmark and Swayman.

Not to mention the injury factor especially with regards to Chychrun. Depth is important as well. Don has always had a penchant for having a deep defensive pool.

Obviously this is all based on the assumption that it is Chychrun. It’s nice to have options. Could be a really loaded defense.

Reactions: Alan Ryan

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don’t agree. Could it be Farabee instead? Sure but they have him signed. I don’t think Boston makes that deal for Laughton.

Again, I’m staying within the parameters of the player coming back being from Philly. If it’s an Ottawa player, I don’t see anyone other than Chychrun making sense for Ottawa, and I don’t know how that makes sense for Boston given his contract status.
konecny makes sense as a Debrusk replacement and him and linus pretty much wash out salary wise and both are a year away from RFA status, but imo no way will a first round pick (12) be added by the Sens unless the bruins are giving them back a more significant piece than Geekie. Makes more sense to me for the Bruins to get back their original first round pick from the Sens along with Konecny for a player and Ullmark. I hope Im wrong though and your right!

I do find it interesting though that both of phillys assistant captains are being mentioned as trade canidates.

Reactions: bbfan419

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I don’t agree. Could it be Farabee instead? Sure but they have him signed. I don’t think Boston makes that deal for Laughton.

Again, I’m staying within the parameters of the player coming back being from Philly. If it’s an Ottawa player, I don’t see anyone other than Chychrun making sense for Ottawa, and I don’t know how that makes sense for Boston given his contract status.
I've been thinking it was him, just haven't been able to get out of the fetal position to post yet.

100%

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Chychrun made sense last year. Doesn't make sense with the emergence of Lohrei and Chychrun wanting a long-term deal next year. Unless they plan on flipping him.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad