Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Horrific?

Pasta is a gifted one in a million offensive tower. No doubt about it.

But if I could get someone more in the Bruins mold, that is the mold of yore, I would do so.

I have nothing against David but he is a purely offensive talent. He doesn't give you anything else. Maybe you don't need anything else.

Nonetheless, I'd rather have somebody more j with much more jam who can score and defend.

That's an old take. But I kind of feel that way.
NO WAY.

Pasta is an elite playmaker and goal scorer.

His defensive game has developed so much in the last couple of years. He is still growing his game.

Also, He is a major leader on the Bruins.

David is the kind of player all teams want.

Sorry....NO WAY the Bs trade their best player. That would be SO foolish.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
NO WAY.

Pasta is an elite playmaker and goal scorer.

His defensive game has developed so much in the last couple of years. He is still growing his game.

Also, He is a major leader on the Bruins.

David is the kind of player all teams want.

Sorry....NO WAY the Bs trade their best player. That would be SO foolish.

Pastrnak is like LaFleur & Bossy in that they can make plays - they aren’t just scoring their ability to create is extraordinary

Didn’t he go 30 games without a power play goal yet still had over 15 at 5x5 and 25 assists

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
By the way, wrap your head around this one. Haggs spitballing, but he would make the deal. I am inclined to agree.

Pasta and God knows what else for Brady Tcakchuk.

Straight up it would be great. It won't happen but it's an interesting hypothetical.

Pick up at 14:40,

NO

I love Pasta, I move him straight up for Brady Tkachuk in a heartbeat.
YIKES:thumbd:

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
I'm surprised no one has brought up Viktor Arvidsson as a possible top 6 option. Bit of a reclamation project after an injury year. Won't be too expensive. Obviously not the biggest guy but puts up decent points. Projected contract at 3 years, $4.75M AAV. Seems like an under the radar type of move Discount Donny would make as a JDB replacement.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Sweeney has never embraced that. Of late, only of late, he realizes he needs a policeman. One guy. Pat Maroon, 35, coming off back surgery and very much at the end of his career. Prior to that, it was Milan.

One guy. It's such a joke it makes me cry.

Why aren't you blaming Neely too? He's responsible for the guy creating the roster and I am sure gives his input. If the roster is built this way its because Neely wants it as well.

Reactions: capecodder

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I disagree that they don't need another 4th liner. They signed Lucic. When that didn't work out they traded for Maroon. They need a hitter who can play on the 4th line and don't really have that in the system.

If they can sign the 4th liner for 4th line money that's not going to prevent them from signing anyone else. They have to pay someone to fill that 4LW spot, it might as well be someone who can contribute something. Duhaime is blazing fast, he hits everything, he'll fight anyone...

It doesn't have to be Duhaime (Providence College) but I think they sign someone for that role.

I think Lauko has that dimension of being a player who's fast and is disruptive on the forecheck . He lead the regulars on the team in hits per minutes played and among all players in the league with at least 60 games played, he was 6th in hits per 60. If he can make that next step in his development, I think he's your guy. He has a good shot but I feel like his puck skills took a step back this season.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I think Lauko has that dimension of being a player who's fast and is disruptive on the forecheck . If he can make that next step in his development, I think he's your guy. He has a good shot but I feel like his puck skills took a step back this season.
I like Lauko too. But to me, he's a poor man's version of what we need in that spot. Duhaime is an improvement in every respect.

One thing that I'm very bullish on this offseason?

Duhaime - Beecher - Brazeau

Speed, size, disruption, three-zone acumen and I think Brazeau could provide a sneaky offensive pop. Lauko is an option to move in whenever you need him.

Duhaime in Boston feels like a cinch.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad