Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I guess so, along with the seventh draft selection. But Linus ain't goin' for it.

NJ or bust, baby.

No thanks,

Ya, no thanks to either. Gotta aim higher. Chick is oft-injured, Laine is meh and iffy. Need solid players. Lindholm is the closest thing available at center. Also, a couple of Fenian type wings. A LW who knows where the net is and 2 D-men. Dillon and another similar to him...

As always it depends on cost but why not Kane?

47 points in 50 games last year.

Would have been 2nd on the Bruins in ppg.

If we can get him short term for decent $$ why not?

Plus he’s good in the playoffs.
How much was he paid last year to do that? Only asking because I don't know. Also don't know what he'd expect to sign? Not a fan of the idea myself but what do I know.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Is Justin Bailey the next Dakota Joshua?

He's 28. Late bloomer. Finally got another chance with the Sharks this year and his underlining numbers were the best on the team...one of the fastest players in the league. 6-4 right wing.

I know we're penciling Brazeau on the 4th line but just another interesting name
Love his size and speed but he doesn't hit. If you are that big and fast you need to take the body.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Well ok here we go

Pasta like you said 25th overall
Frederic 28th overall
Marchand 2nd round
Bergeron 2nd round
Carlo 2nd round
Coyle 28 overall
Lohrei 2nd round

Bergie had to be added obviously but I think just on the Bruins this shows how wrong that statement is.
Marchand was actually a 3rd round pick. Frederic isn't a Top 6 forward and Lohrei (while he looks promising) isn't a bonafide Top 4 d-man. Here is every Bruins 1st (20+) or 2nd round pick from 2003 (When Bergeron was drafted) to 2020. I stopped there because I think a player drafted within the last 3 years is still to knew to know what you have and likely hasn't even seen NHL action

Mark Stuart
Patrice Bergeron
David Krejci

Martins Karsums
Matt Lashoff
Petr Kalus
Yury Alexandrov
Milan Lucic
Tommy Cross
Max Sauve
Jordan Caron
Jared Knight
Ryan Spooner
Alexander Khokhlachev
Malcolm Subban
Linus Arnesson
David Pastrnak
Ryan Donato
Bradon Carlo
Jakob Forsbacka-Karlson
Jeremy Lauzon
Trent Frederic

Ryan Lindgren
Jack Studnicka
Axel Andersson
John Beecher
Mason Lohrei

So in total there are 27 players here and 6 of them went on to become either a Top 6 forward or a Top 4 d-man. That would put it around 22% of players drafted during this time for the Bruins. The question then becomes what does Joker consider extremely low and what do you consider extremely low.

The three guys underlined I think maybe you could try and make an argument for. Even adding them in, it only bumps things up to a 33% top 6 / top 4 rate.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I would be surprised if they sign DeBrusk.

I don't think he's desperate to be here. I don't think they're desperate to keep him.

If he were willing to sign a team friendly deal then I think they'd be up for that, but if he wants fair market value (which he deserves) then I think they pass.
So do they sign 2 of Lindholm, Monahan, or Stephenson?

Reactions: bbfan419

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Ya, no thanks to either. Gotta aim higher. Chick is oft-injured, Laine is meh and iffy. Need solid players. Lindholm is the closest thing available at center. Also, a couple of Fenian type wings. A LW who knows where the net is and 2 D-men. Dillon and another similar to him...

How much was he paid last year to do that? Only asking because I don't know. Also don't know what he'd expect to sign? Not a fan of the idea myself but what do I know.

Looks like he only made 2.75 but didn’t sign until November.

I’m really looking for value/homerun potential.

His stats prorate to about 70 over a full season.

Getting that for 5 - 6 would be great, IMO.

But I also get the age concerns.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Marchand was actually a 3rd round pick. Frederic isn't a Top 6 forward and Lohrei (while he looks promising) isn't a bonafide Top 4 d-man. Here is every Bruins 1st (20+) or 2nd round pick from 2003 (When Bergeron was drafted) to 2020. I stopped there because I think a player drafted within the last 3 years is still to knew to know what you have and likely hasn't even seen NHL action

Mark Stuart
Patrice Bergeron
David Krejci

Martins Karsums
Matt Lashoff
Petr Kalus
Yury Alexandrov
Milan Lucic
Tommy Cross
Max Sauve
Jordan Caron
Jared Knight
Ryan Spooner
Alexander Khokhlachev
Malcolm Subban
Linus Arnesson
David Pastrnak
Ryan Donato
Bradon Carlo
Jakob Forsbacka-Karlson
Jeremy Lauzon
Trent Frederic

Ryan Lindgren
Jack Studnicka
Axel Andersson
John Beecher
Mason Lohrei

So in total there are 27 players here and 6 of them went on to become either a Top 6 forward or a Top 4 d-man. That would put it around 22% of players drafted during this time for the Bruins. The question then becomes what does Joker consider extremely low and what do you consider extremely low.

The three guys underlined I think maybe you could try and make an argument for. Even adding them in, it only bumps things up to a 33% top 6 / top 4 rate.
Frederic went 29th so he’s a first rounder but closer look

I would split first 3 rounds into thirds

Frederic 29

Picks 21-30 only Tage Thompson is better pick

Picks 31-40

Only Jordan Kyrou & DeBrincat better

Frederic was a big time hit

I hated it but hockey is my third sport

Oh and Blues picked both Thompson at 26 and Kyrou 35

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
So do they sign 2 of Lindholm, Monahan, or Stephenson?
Lindholm and Stephenson. Another route would be trying chemistry. Stephenson and Marchesault or Lindholm and Bertuzzi.
Bertuzzi-Zacha-Pasta or Frederic-Zacha-Pasta
Marchand-Lindholm-Perron or Marchand-Stephenson-Marchesault
Joshua-Coyle-Frederic or Joshua-Coyle-Geekie
Maroon/Lauko-Potrais/Geekie-Duhaime/Geekie/Brazeau or Maroon/Lauko-Potrais/Beecher-Brazeau-Duhaime
Add Dillon to the D. Pick who you want for the 4th line/13th forward.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Bruins weren’t happy with the 2015 draft and were more than happy to let Keith Gretzky contracts expire & join Chiarelli

They shifted away and went USNTDP in 2016

McAvoy went 14

From picks 21-50 there were 5 very good picks
The Blues got 2
The Bruins got 2
Chicago got 1

Thompson 26
FREDERIC 29
Kyrou 35
DeBrincat 37
LINDGREN 49

The Bruins 2016 was an A grade

Lindholm and Stephenson. Another route would be trying chemistry. Stephenson and Marchesault or Lindholm and Bertuzzi.
Bertuzzi-Zacha-Pasta or Frederic-Zacha-Pasta
Marchand-Lindholm-Perron or Marchand-Stephenson-Marchesault
Joshua-Coyle-Frederic or Joshua-Coyle-Geekie
Maroon/Lauko-Potrais/Geekie-Duhaime/Geekie/Brazeau or Maroon/Lauko-Potrais/Beecher-Brazeau-Duhaime
Add Dillon to the D. Pick who you want for the 4th line/13th forward.
So if DeBrusk leaves and his agent steers him to his friends in Calgary I’m good with all this

Fenian grade - A+

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I skipped 12 pages so I'm sure this was mentioned.

But obviously they have a Swayman deal done and accepted by Sway and his camp, and it gets announced the day after an executed Linus trade.

Makes all the sense in the world

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Frederic went 29th so he’s a first rounder but closer look

I would split first 3 rounds into thirds

Frederic 29

Picks 21-30 only Tage Thompson is better pick

Picks 31-40

Only Jordan Kyrou & DeBrincat better

Frederic was a big time hit

I hated it but hockey is my third sport

Oh and Blues picked both Thompson at 26 and Kyrou 35

I didn't say he wasn't a hit, I said he wasn't a top 6 forward

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I skipped 12 pages so I'm sure this was mentioned.

But obviously they have a Swayman deal done and accepted by Sway and his camp, and it gets announced the day after an executed Linus trade.

Makes all the sense in the world
Perhaps. But I think most likely is there is a gentleman's agreement not to announce major signings/trades until after the Finals are over.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
As always it depends on cost but why not Kane?

47 points in 50 games last year.

Would have been 2nd on the Bruins in ppg.

If we can get him short term for decent $$ why not?

Plus he’s good in the playoffs.
Totally selfish and subjective on my part. Just don't like him as a person and never have. Thought he screamed lax bro dick first time I saw him and he proved me right.

Not suggesting they should not try him if they can get him for right money for all of the reasons you describe.

I'd just be unhappy. Of course I'd get over it if he produced. I'd be f***ing ruthless if he didn't though!!!:laugh:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Totally selfish and subjective on my part. Just don't like him as a person and never have. Thought he screamed lax bro dick first time I saw him and he proved me right.

Not suggesting they should not try him if they can get him for right money for all of the reasons you describe.

I'd just be unhappy. Of course I'd get over it if he produced. I'd be f***ing ruthless if he didn't though!!!:laugh:

I get it.

We all have guys we dislike and don’t want to root for.

Pacioretty is one of mine.

Just comes across as an entitled douche.

Reactions: Gordoff and Number8

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I didn't say he wasn't a hit, I said he wasn't a top 6 forward
He hasn't been given an extended opportunity to play higher in the lineup. I think he can be a 2nd line winger, but only a 3rd line center personally due to his strengths. hes a smart player along the boards and in the corners, doesnt cover high in the zone well which will always limit his chances at playing C regularly here in BOS.

I was surprised to see he seemingly got better at the FO dot? Bruins never seemed to give him a chance, wonder if he trained that part of his game hard in order to get lined up in the middle more often.

Could be a cheap option for secondary scoring if the Sabres actually buy him out.
Jeff Skinner buyout a possibility for Sabres
Skinner - Potrias- Geekie
With Freddy moving up to 2nd line with Marshy and Coyle
100% on this, 35 goals two years ago, 24 last year.

Reactions: HustleB

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

Mark Stuart
Patrice Bergeron
David Krejci

Martins Karsums
Matt Lashoff
Petr Kalus
Yury Alexandrov
Milan Lucic
Tommy Cross
Max Sauve
Jordan Caron
Jared Knight
Ryan Spooner
Alexander Khokhlachev
Malcolm Subban
Linus Arnesson
David Pastrnak
Ryan Donato
Bradon Carlo
Jakob Forsbacka-Karlson
Jeremy Lauzon
Trent Frederic

Ryan Lindgren
Jack Studnicka
Axel Andersson
John Beecher
Mason Lohrei

I think Frederic is a top 2/3 and would be a fine 2c. Lohrei I also think has shown in his smaller sample size that he'll be a top 4 dman. yes they won't all hit but, on our team, alone I'm just illustrating that those picks produced great assets for our team. Yes they are hit or miss but to discredit the value of a pick because it won't necessarily work out seems ridiculous. Especially when he's arguing that moving them for a player that will play a month for your team is always the right choice. Thank thinking is what has our prospect pool in the state it's in now and is going to be worse after this draft.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Perhaps. But I think most likely is there is a gentleman's agreement not to announce major signings/trades until after the Finals are over.

I'm just saying regardless of it ending tonight, the order of things will be Linus, THEN Sway. But not for lack of them already know their Sway terms.

Announcing Sway after makes the Linus trade better for everyone (in Black and Gold)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad