Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
With the Summer solstice Thursday I hope Sweeney uses the extra daylight to get a couple of guys who can knock the daylights out of the panthers

Dakota Joshua
Zadanov

Go get the Canucks guys Donny

We need to be tougher

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Who’s the three tougher ?

Fighting? Or if interrogated by Cold War CIA would crack 4th on Bruins ?

Neither.

Ability to withstand cold temps.

I heard Lauko’s “hot tub” was set to 31 degrees and he ladled snow balls over the ice blocks in his “sauna”.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
With the Summer solstice Thursday I hope Sweeney uses the extra daylight to get a couple of guys who can knock the daylights out of the panthers

Dakota Joshua
Zadanov

Go get the Canucks guys Donny

We need to be tougher
Kiefer Sherwood, Brendan Dillon and bring back Maroon. Would love Joshua and Zadarov here. Put Zadarov with McAvoy.

Still need to get scoring
Lindholm and Stamkos.
Stamkos-Zacha-Pasta
Marchand-Lindholm-Frederic

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
fNever said that you're out of lone, I said that you're assuming a Hell of a lot.
" Marchand, Lohrei, Ullmark, Frederic, Geekie, Brazzers, Beecher, Lauko , Wotherspoon, and Brown moving out."

Really, you expect all of that list to be "Moving out?"

That is assuming a lot.
Mate, their contracts move out. That money is no longer tied to us. Considering the second half of the post talks about said players and their next contracts/futures/enough context clues to eliminate the assumption you made after reading one sentence

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Kiefer Sherwood, Brendan Dillon and bring back Maroon. Would love Joshua and Zadarov here. Put Zadarov with McAvoy.

Lindholm and Stamkos.
Stamkos-Zacha-Pasta
The goal should be win the Cup and the fights

Donny make us proud

• Haha
Reactions: NeelyDan and KOZ37

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So does Guentzel want to sign here if they give him 9 M?

Is Boston his preference? Is so great news

Yup that is the problem/question. Does Guentzel have any interest in being a Bruin. And you won't really know for Sure until July 1. After you've lost the sole negotiating window with jake.

Everyone said Gryz could replace Krug yet he's been at best a 3rd pair/7th D caliber player when it matters most. Krug brought PP skill and actually played tough. He wasn't a weak pushover like Gryz who I'm glad will never wear this jersey again

I don't know that anyone ever said that. Other than being similar in height they were never similar in any way as players. Even physically Krug was 15-20 pounds heavier (he was just a tank). Gry was better defensively, and on the breakout, and Krug was always MUCH, MUCH better offensively

in terms of bringing Krug home. I don't do it because he was good here before. If I do it , it is because the pro scouts think he can still play in a more limited role. He was bad this year, but Krug was asked to play 22 min a game . Would he be more successful with some nights off, and playing 15 min a game not 22?

Reactions: BBruins and KOZ37

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016

Lindholm and Stamkos.
Stamkos-Zacha-Pasta
Love what you say but Maroon is so done. Can’t keep up. Killed us this post Season Ya the first goal vs Tor was good on him. But he’s done for me

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Laine is done. People want to win a cup with players who don’t preform in the playoffs. You win with players who will do what ever it takes to win. No fights in the playoffs. Heart, heart, and heart. Size doesn’t matter heart does. Don’t get me wrong I want big strong guys but they need heart. Guys like Bennet are gold.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Mate, their contracts move out. That money is no longer tied to us. Considering the second half of the post talks about said players and their next contracts/futures/enough context clues to eliminate the assumption you made after reading one sentence
Why would they "move that money out" FFS. So you want to rid the team of all of those players just to have "$50 million" in cap space?
Maybe you're right, I can't get past this sentence:
"we have Marchand, Lohrei, Ullmark, Frederic, Geekie, Brazzers, Beecher, Lauko , Wotherspoon, and Brown moving out. "
It isn't going to happen IMO. I'm trying to follow the rest of your post but
maybe I just can't get past that sentence.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBruins

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
So does Guentzel want to sign here if they give him 9 M?

Is Boston his preference? Is so great news
We both know I havent the slightest clue if he wants to be here lol. I would however like them to make a real effort to find out though. I doubt it is in the DNA of Sweeney to pay him the money though.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Depth D. Unless you want to have to call up Mitchell, which I don't. I don't think anybody's suggesting making him part of the starting 6.

He scored nearly 40 points last year. How cheap do you think he's going to be exactly? Doubtful he's signing anywhere to be a spare part or willing to sign a cheap enough contract to justify him being a spare part.

Ian Mitchell is an RFA with arbitration rights I doubt he's even qualified.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
We both know I havent the slightest clue if he wants to be here lol. I would however like them to make a real effort to find out though. I doubt it is in the DNA of Sweeney to pay him the money though.
Sweeney has the DNA believe me - I don’t get this narrative on HFB but I don’t get people watching rhe news and telling me what I did for a living didn’t really happen because someone said it on a newscast

It’s like people here saying Carlo is soft or the Bruins but actual competitors and coaches say the opposite

Donny is an assassin

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lindholm & Dillon same agent - also Carlo’s

Donny gonna burn some cash

Lindholm deep dive over weekend looks like perfect fit to play in this system and with Pastrnak

He’s definitely got the game they want

As a Fantasy player I’m not touching but in reality looks like what they need

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
  • Wow
Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The same odds the Broons will win the Cup tonight as Stamkos signing with Bruins

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
last Bruins draft party was 2017

Something is up folks 👀
Yeah the opened the garden and charged for the Celtics and figured out they can make money off the draft as well. If the could simulcast the Westminster Dog show and make some money they would do that as well.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
We need to be faster to beat the Canes. We need to be tougher to beat Florida. I think we can beat the rest in the list right now and definitely with good additions.

I think its really 50\50 with all those teams after Florida and I would think several of them have enough money to add players to address their own weaknesses. Its likely
Boston will face one of Florida, TB or Toronto come PO and the last two would be a coinflip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium