Prospect Info: 2024-2025 Rangers Prospects Thread (Prospect Stats in Post #1; Updated 08/29/2024)

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I could see him being a smaller Brandon Tanev, if that makes sense. His skill set is extremely translatable to the NHL. There's limited upside to the way he plays the game, but I believe he will eventually be an absolute pain in the ass in our bottom 6. He can't even buy a beer for another 13 months.

His development curve has been what you would expect from a late first rounder. The fact that we got him in the late 2nd in a year where we didn't even have a first round pick is incredible drafting.
Let’s see where he ends up before we laud the “incredible drafting.” I’m positive about him, but he’s not a sure thing.

I feel like some are starting to pencil in 5-8 rookies over the course of the next 2-3 years and that’s probably not realistic.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Him and Berard have extremely translatable NHL skillsets. Barring a career-altering injury, I'd eat my shirt if those two aren't solid bottom-6 NHLers in 3 years.
Yea, I remember hearing the same about Kravtsov, Lias, and future perennial All Star Kakko along with a host of others. I hope they both make it, but honestly, you’ll be lucky if one of them becomes a contributor at the NHL level.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think Berard has some comparable traits to Marchand. That said Marchand has a unique mindset as a player that has more than helped to make him a star and it remains to be seen if Berard will have anything like that mentality and if he does it's not likely he'll be able to match it entirely. Really there are very few who are even close.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

Gabe Perreault, LW, USA (New York Rangers)​

For what it’s worth, I think Perreault was one of the most improved prospects this year. And it starts with his skating, which isn’t really a concern for me anymore like it was during his draft year. After smashing the single-season USNTDP scoring record, he followed it up with 60 points in 36 games with Boston College and another 10 points in seven games at the World Juniors. Perreault was named to various all-star teams at the end of the college season, but his play at the World Juniors was some of the most impressive action I’ve seen him play in. Perreault is such a force with the puck, and I’m excited to see him play a big role in December.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Gabe was picking corners on the 2nd goal. The puck handling at the blue line before the goal.

USA Blue​

#36 Gabe Perreault, LW (New York Rangers): Mark my words: Perreault is going to rip apart the World Juniors in the winter. It’s not that bold of a prediction by any means, but this kid just wants the puck, knows what to do with it and makes it happen. He had two goals playing alongside Boston College teammates James Hagens and Ryan Leonard, with his long-time chemistry with Leonard shining through, as expected

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I think Berard has some comparable traits to Marchand. That said Marchand has a unique mindset as a player that has more than helped to make him a star and it remains to be seen if Berard will have anything like that mentality and if he does it's not likely he'll be able to match it entirely. Really there are very few who are even close.
I believe Berard has similar traits to Marchand in the drive, will and tenacity department but thankfully does not have the screws loose that Brad does.
Too early to tell if Brett will have Marchand’s talent.

Reactions: Ranger Ric

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Yup, in a perfect world Mancini replaces Trouba at some point this year and Fortescue takes over over for Lindgren in two to three years.
In a very small sample size I think Mancini is Physically ready.
There was a playoff game agains the Bridgeport team and Mancini got steamrolled by a huge Isle forward behind his own net and Victor got up immediately, none worse the ware.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I believe Berard has similar traits to Marchand in the drive, will and tenacity department but thankfully does not have the screws loose that Brad does.
Too early to tell if Brett will have Marchand’s talent.

I agree with that but the 'loose screws' is really the thing that has made Marchand the player he is. It also took a few years as a pro for Marchand to develop into the player he has. Berard so far has pretty much matched what Marchand was doing early on. It will deviate because no two players are exactly alike. Very few players bring real unpredictability. Marchand is one and he's made it work very much to his own benefit and the benefit of his team.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Every time I see Perrault I'm reminded of Zuccarello but a little shiftier and weaker around the hips.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Every time I see Perrault I'm reminded of Zuccarello but a little shiftier and weaker around the hips.
His hips don't lie...

Seriously though - IMO age is a contributing factor to your observation. As he matures and gains more weight (to eventually get to his mid-20 playing form that we saw Zuc here) that sturdiness will come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad