Prospect Info: 2024-2025 Rangers Prospects Thread (Prospect Stats in Post #1; Updated 08/29/2024)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Several prospect notes:

Today Vince Mercogliano wrote the first of his two prospect previews and provided his rating for prospects 6-10 as follows:

10. Rempe
9. Boliard
8. BMB
7. Garand
6. Fortescue

He implied that Boliard has more offensive upside than BMB and BMB is a shutdown defensive player and is becoming an elite penalty killer. The wrote ups for the other players were what to be expected.

Tomorrow he does 1-5, which very likely will be Perrault, Othmann, Emery, Berard and Sykora in that order.

Steve Ellis of Daily Face Off wrote about his top 75 NHL prospects and listed Perrault at 16 up from 37 last year and Brennan Othmann at 69 down from 42..

What caught my eye was for Perrault he said his skating is better and at the World Junior Summer Showcase, "he already looks more explosive" and for Othmann projecting that he cam become a top six NHL player.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Several prospect notes:

Today Vince Mercogliano wrote the first of his two prospect previews and provided his rating for prospects 6-10 as follows:

10. Rempe
9. Boliard
8. BMB
7. Garand
6. Fortescue

He implied that Boliard has more offensive upside than BMB and BMB is a shutdown defensive player and is becoming an elite penalty killer.

Tomorrow he does 1-5, which very likely will be Perrault, Othmann, Emery, Berard and Sykora in that order.
It’s interesting that BMB made top-10 but not Laba. I get where you’re coming from re top-5 but an outside scenario could be that Laba is in top-5 (I’d guess at the expense of Sykora if this is the case).

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
It’s interesting that BMB made top-10 but not Laba. I get where you’re coming from re top-5 but an outside scenario could be that Laba is in top-5 (I’d guess at the expense of Sykora
It's too bad he only did a top ten. There are several interesting prospects who would be in the 11-15 range. I'm thinking Mancini, Laba, Chmelar, Edstrom, Roobroeck.

Reactions: kovazub94

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Rasmus Larsson will wear #8 for Northern Michigan. I was relieved to see a roster released. Not that I doubted he'd be there, but they lost a ton of guys to transfers and the program has been in a bit of turmoil.

They also have an All Zoomer Name Team:

Wolfgang Govedaris
Grayden Daul
Tynan Ewart
Medric Bolduc
Grayden Slipec
Colby Browne
Aidyn Hutchinson

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Rasmus Larsson will wear #8 for Northern Michigan. I was relieved to see a roster released. Not that I doubted he'd be there, but they lost a ton of guys to transfers and the program has been in a bit of turmoil.

Wolfgang Govedaris
Grayden Daul
Tynan Ewart
Medric Bolduc
Grayden Slipec
Colby Browne
Aidyn Hutchinson
holy shit..

the Double Grayden

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY

Wolfgang Govedaris
Grayden Daul
Tynan Ewart
Medric Bolduc
Grayden Slipec
Colby Browne
Aidyn Hutchinson
All i can think about is the kay and Peele football skit now. These names fit right in.

Wolfgang govedaris might be related to Jackmerius Tacktheratrix orD’Glester Hardunkichud

Nothing is better than Hingle Mcgringleberry though.

Last edited:
Reactions: nyr2k2

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
All i can think about is the kay and Peele football skit now. These names fit right in.

Wolfgang govedaris might be related to Jackmerius Tacktheratrix orD’Glester Hardunkichud

Nothing is better than Hingle Mcgringleberry though.
Ozmataz Buckshank.. Stanford University

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Several prospect notes:

10. Rempe
9. Boliard
8. BMB
7. Garand
6. Fortescue

He implied that Boliard has more offensive upside than BMB and BMB is a shutdown defensive player and is becoming an elite penalty killer. The wrote ups for the other players were what to be expected.

Steve Ellis of Daily Face Off wrote about his top 75 NHL prospects and listed Perrault at 16 up from 37 last year and Brennan Othmann at 69 down from 42..

What caught my eye was for Perrault he said his skating is better and at the World Junior Summer Showcase, "he already looks more explosive" and for Othmann projecting that he cam become a top six NHL player.
Vince M completed his prospect ranking with the top five as I suggested: 1. Perrault, 2. Othmann, 3. Emery, 4. Berard, 5. Sykora. Nothing unusual in his individual write-ups.

What was interesting was that he put Perrault, Othmann and Emery in a tier I (Valuable line up regulars) , with Berard Sykora, Fortescue and Garand in Tier II (role players who still have to prove they can overcome perceived shortcomings) and Tier III, Jaroslav Chmelař, Adam Edström, Noah Laba and Dylan Roobroeck, defensemen Rasmus Larsson and Victor Mancini and goalie Hugo Ollas among those who just missed this year's cut, but they fall into a similar category with prospects ranked 8-10 (Bryce McConnell-Barker, Raoul Boilard and Matt Rempe) − "clear strengths and things to like, but also holes in their game that call their staying power into question."

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Vince M completed his prospect ranking with the top five as I suggested: 1. Perrault, 2. Othmann, 3. Emery, 4. Berard, 5. Sykora. Nothing unusual in his individual write-ups.

What was interesting was that he put Perrault, Othmann and Emery in a tier I (Valuable line up regulars) , with Berard Sykora, Fortescue and Garand in Tier II (role players who still have to prove they can overcome perceived shortcomings) and Tier III, Jaroslav Chmelař, Adam Edström, Noah Laba and Dylan Roobroeck, defensemen Rasmus Larsson and Victor Mancini and goalie Hugo Ollas among those who just missed this year's cut, but they fall into a similar category with prospects ranked 8-10 (Bryce McConnell-Barker, Raoul Boilard and Matt Rempe) − "clear strengths and things to like, but also holes in their game that call their staying power into question."
From statistical perspective the sheer number of prospects in that tier indicates that at least a couple will develop into at least a role players in the NHL.

I know we like to angst about losing draft picks in trades (one of the biggest Drury’s offenses) but as it stands right now the impact will not be felt for at least 5-6 years so the existing contender window should not be affected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad