Line Combos: 2024-2025 Powerplay Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Matheson can't be on PP1 over Hutson. He just can't. Hutson causes huge issues and gets guys scrambling, which Suzuki/Slafkovsky can take advantage of. Matheson has zero creativity and bobbles the puck too much.

Hutson is way better at everything including holding the puck in at blue line. The amount of times the puck goes pass Matheson and out of the zone is too much. We lose precious zone time.

Hutson is the far better offensive player.

Caufield isn't shooting and can't seem to handle the puck for one-timers anymore. His area also hurts us.

Slafkovsky, Dach, Suzuki & Hutson should all be on PP1. Too bad Laine got hurt. Caufield stays on by default.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Matheson can't be on PP1 over Hutson. He just can't. Hutson causes huge issues and gets guys scrambling, which Suzuki/Slafkovsky can take advantage of. Matheson has zero creativity and bobbles the puck too much.

Hutson is way better at everything including holding the puck in at blue line. The amount of times the puck goes pass Matheson and out of the zone is too much. We lose precious zone time.

Caufield isn't shooting and can't seem to handle the puck for one-timers anymore. His area also hurts us.

Slafkovsky, Dach, Suzuki & Hutson should all be on PP1. Too bad Laine got hurt. Caufield stays on by default.
I have to agree Caufield's shot looks terrible from the point and I'm not convinced his positioning is any good for one timers down low.
It's like he isn't finding a lane and the D are crowding him out every chance they get. Meanwhile Suzuki and Dach both have tallies from that left side.
The boo birds actually came out tonight on PP1. I mean people aren't stupid they can see what is dynamic and what isn't.
We shouldn't have to be waiting for a 6v5 to finally see Suzuki Hutson and Dach combine for a goal on a man advantage.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I also cringe when I see Suzuki playing that bumper spot and getting no touches. :ha:
Drop Matheson and Caufield who were identified last season as where the play breaks down most often.
Bring back Newhook for the bumper and use those big bodies who know how seal the boards on the wall...
on the wall. Not to mention you now have 4 guys who can skate with the puck and not have to rely on Suzuki so much.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

You don't have to convince me on Hutson, I saw in first game last year. Yes, he will suck on the details for half a season, but it's an ok price to play to have one of the best PP D.

I've been saying Caufield isn't the player we were hoping he was for a few years now. This evaluation applies to before the shoulder stuff. He's not always well placed, and his skating limits how he deploys his shot. He needs a tier 1 playmaker to put him right in a line, and we don't really have that until Demidov arrives.

Wondering if Hughes will buy Demidov to NA, this year, at this rate.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Wellp
kBoT46K.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad