NHL 2024- 2025 Out of Town - Rogers Communications to buy out Bell's share of MLSE for $4.7 billion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Saw a couple of clips this a.m. about the Gaudreu tragedy got me thinking about how difficult it’s going to be for Columbus this year….obviously.

But thinking about how the league is going to deal with it is interesting.

On one hand, every time Columbus comes into a city for the first time (which could be as late as Dec/Jan) that team will feel like they should do something to show their respect, but is that what is best for the team and family?

On the other, if a team doesn’t recognize him, they might look insensitive.

Maybe I missed something and it’s happened, but if not, I think the league and team should come up with a standard.

Maybe at each home opener they do a tribute.

I just know that we all naturally see or think of reminders of lost loved ones, probably every day, but, we also need to be able to compartmentalize things in order to work, and care for ourselves and families.

Going on a four game road trip where they have to go through an emotional tribute every game, might be a bit overwhelming.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Saw a couple of clips this a.m. about the Gaudreu tragedy got me thinking about how difficult it’s going to be for Columbus this year….obviously.

But thinking about how the league is going to deal with it is interesting.

On one hand, every time Columbus comes into a city for the first time (which could be as late as Dec/Jan) that team will feel like they should do something to show their respect, but is that what is best for the team and family?

On the other, if a team doesn’t recognize him, they might look insensitive.

Maybe I missed something and it’s happened, but if not, I think the league and team should come up with a standard.

Maybe at each home opener they do a tribute.

I just know that we all naturally see or think of reminders of lost loved ones, probably every day, but, we also need to be able to compartmentalize things in order to work, and care for ourselves and families.

Going on a four game road trip where they have to go through an emotional tribute every game, might be a bit overwhelming.
Great opportunity for a DUI campaign, have moments of silence for each 1st game by CBJ in a city. Not too much since the CBJ team will have to go through 30 of these. But partner with some DUI awareness groups and charity organizations like MADD. Dont just be respectful, honor them by creating some good change from all this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad