Prospect Info: 2024-2025 Ottawa Senators In the system

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I love the BMo pick, I really like how they used their later round picks to get the likes of Ellinas, BMo, and Moore types in 2024 draft class (which with Yakemchuk as the top draft looks like a sneaky haul for Ottawa), but even Elliasson at 2nd pick is a high risk/greater rewards type pick.

It’s all relative to competiton, but BMo and Ellinas are jumping out with their start out of the gates.
Isn’t Ellinas well below ppg right now

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Mondays Update 21-10-24

2024-2025 Ottawa Senators In the system​

Regular Season

NSkaterTeamLeagueGPGATP
DESC
PPGPIM+/-
1Vitali Abramov (LW/RW)CSKA MoskvaKHL1899181.00125
2Eerik Wallenius (D)totals1337100.7722-5
HPKLiiga10000.0000
HPK U20U20 SM-sarja1237100.8322-5
3Blake Montgomery (LW)Lincoln StarsUSHL83691.13174
4Lucas Ellinas (C/LW)Kitchener RangersOHL116170.648-6
5Carter Yakemchuk (D)Calgary HitmenWHL43361.5080
6Lassi Thomson (D)Malmö RedhawksSHL113360.5540
7Javon Moore (LW)Sioux Falls StampedeUSHL82460.7503
8Cole Reinhardt (LW)Belleville SenatorsAHL32351.6723
9Garrett Pilon (C)Belleville SenatorsAHL41341.0021
10Zack Ostapchuk (C/LW)Belleville SenatorsAHL41341.0024
11Donovan Sebrango (D)Belleville SenatorsAHL41230.7591
12Jérémy Davies (D)Belleville SenatorsAHL42020.502-1
13Cameron O'Neill (RW)UMassNCAA52020.4001
14Xavier Bourgault (RW/C)Belleville SenatorsAHL41120.5020
15Jan Jeník (W/C)Belleville SenatorsAHL41120.50130
16Stephen Halliday (C)Belleville SenatorsAHL40220.500-2
17Theo Wallberg (D)Ohio State Univ.NCAA40220.5003
18Nikolas Matinpalo (D)Belleville SenatorsAHL40220.504-1
19Matthew Andonovski (D)Kitchener RangersOHL110220.1823-3
20Owen Beckner (C)Colorado CollegeNCAA21010.5001
21Philippe Daoust (C)Belleville SenatorsAHL21010.500-2
22Angus Crookshank (LW)Belleville SenatorsAHL41010.2520
23Nicholas Van Tassell (C)UMassNCAA51010.205-1
24Gabriel Eliasson (D)Barrie ColtsOHL91010.11206
25Oliver Johansson (LW/C)Timrå IKSHL111010.092-2
26Jamieson Rees (LW/C)Belleville SenatorsAHL40110.2500
27Tyson Dyck (C)Univ. of WisconsinNCAA40110.250-2
28Maxence Guénette (D)Belleville SenatorsAHL40110.2561
29Filip Nordberg (D)Sioux Falls StampedeUSHL60110.1780
30Jorian Donovan (D)Belleville SenatorsAHL20000.0021
31Djibril Touré (D)Orlando Solar BearsECHL20000.0042
32Hayden Hodgson (RW)Belleville SenatorsAHL30000.0020-2
33Oskar Pettersson (RW)Belleville SenatorsAHL40000.002-1
34Filip Roos (D)Belleville SenatorsAHL40000.0041
35Tyler Boucher (RW/LW)Belleville SenatorsAHL40000.004-1

undefined flag
Mads Søgaard (G)Belleville Senators
undefined flag
AHL
21.69.93000-0-2106:14
undefined flag
Vladimir Nikitin (G)totals63.84.89802-4-0359:41
Barys Astana
undefined flag
KHL
0-----
Snezhnye Barsy Astana
undefined flag
MHL
63.84.89802-4-0359:41
undefined flag
Leevi Meriläinen (G)Belleville Senators
undefined flag
AHL
33.47.85202-1-0138:15

Last edited:

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
Five games in and Yakemchuk has been really good to start the season.

A couple of interesting things about Calgary:
Listening to a recent broadcasters, Calgary is the second best team in the league in shot suppression. They only give up like 24 shots per game. Last night, they held a fairly good offensive team to just 17 shots and still lost 4 -2. What will be all too familiar to Sens fans, goaltending has been subpar for Calgary.

The team has hard a time generating offense 5 on 5. The team just doesn't have the horses to control the puck and make plays in the offensive zone. Tulk and Kindel( a draft eligible projected to be 2nd or 3rd rounder) are by far the best offensive players. But beyond that, there really isn't that much.

On Yakemchuck, he is currently paired with Hunter Aura (who just turned 17). Aura is a good young player who has some good hockey sense and makes some smart plays moving the puck up the ice. However, he is very risk averse , and will often opt to rim the puck around boards or direct a shot on net rather making the cross ice pass to the Yak. Yakemchuk, at times, won't get a ton of touches during long stretches of the game and then start will imposing himself with a shift or to that makes you take notice. . He is still picking up points on the PP and Calgary has like doubled its PP efficiency since his return.

His first game back was by far his worst. Calgary totally shutdown Swift Current, who only had 8 shots after the 2nd period, but the game was tied at 1-1. So, in the the third, Yakemchuk started making ill-advised pinches, forcing the play and it resulted in him being a -3 in the game.

But since then, I find Yakemchuk has been real good defensively, showing a commitment to the system and to reducing his unforced errors.

We are beginning to see the makings of a two way D-man. Paul McFarland seems like a good coach and I think he will help with his development.

Yakemchuk's skating has improved, especially compared to last year at this time. He looks stronger and less awkward, but there are times when he falls or loses balance for no apparent reason. But as he continue to grow into his body, we will see this less and less IMO. He is currently listed at 6'4, 207 pounds according to the whl website.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

Listening to a recent broadcasters, Calgary is the second best team in the league in shot suppression. They only give up like 24 shots per game. Last night, they held a fairly good offensive team to just 17 shots and still lost 4 -2. What will be all too familiar to Sens fans, goaltending has been subpar for Calgary.

The team has hard a time generating offense 5 on 5. The team just doesn't have the horses to control the puck and make plays in the offensive zone. Tulk and Kindel( a draft eligible projected to be 2nd or 3rd rounder) are by far the best offensive players. But beyond that, there really isn't that much.

On Yakemchuck, he is currently paired with Hunter Aura (who just turned 17). Aura is a good young player who has some good hockey sense and makes some smart plays moving the puck up the ice. However, he is very risk averse , and will often opt to rim the puck around boards or direct a shot on net rather making the cross ice pass to the Yak. Yakemchuk, at times, won't get a ton of touches during long stretches of the game and then start will imposing himself with a shift or to that makes you take notice. . He is still picking up points on the PP and Calgary has like doubled its PP efficiency since his return.

His first game back was by far his worst. Calgary totally shutdown Swift Current, who only had 8 shots after the 2nd period, but the game was tied at 1-1. So, in the the third, Yakemchuk started making ill-advised pinches, forcing the play and it resulted in him being a -3 in the game.

But since then, I find Yakemchuk has been real good defensively, showing a commitment to the system and to reducing his unforced errors.

We are beginning to see the makings of a two way D-man. Paul McFarland seems like a good coach and I think he will help with his development.

Yakemchuk's skating has improved, especially compared to last year at this time. He looks stronger and less awkward, but there are times when he falls or loses balance for no apparent reason. But as he continue to grow into his body, we will see this less and less IMO. He is currently listed at 6'4, 207 pounds according to the whl website.

We are indebted to your insistence on picking Yakemchuk and why he should be the pick at 7. Thanks for keeping us in the loop, in my case I didn’t really see much of him, he looked like a star offensive d-man in the video clips but internet scouts and media were talking about his IQ and combine interview. He takes a lot of risks, but much like EK65, has the skills to back it up. He is Makarish.

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
We are indebted to your insistence on picking Yakemchuk and why he should be the pick at 7. Thanks for keeping us in the loop, in my case I didn’t really see much of him, he looked like a star offensive d-man in the video clips but internet scouts and media were talking about his IQ and combine interview. He takes a lot of risks, but much like EK65, has the skills to back it up. He is Makarish.
I do get a little satisfaction from hearing radio/podcaster personalities and our GM rave about his hockey sense, when so many scouts/pundits were saying it was average at best. Along with his skating, hockey sense (lack thereof) would be a fatal flaw exposed at the NHL level. His skating needs to improve for him to become a star player, but I think he gets there.

I didn't expect him to be so coachable. Green mentioned how quickly he absorbed and applied information. I can see that he is trying to be a more responsible player in the WHL this year, notwithstanding his first game.

Reactions: armani

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Wish advanced stats were tracking for junior. His lack of 5v5 production is worrying for me. This is his 4th season in the league

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Wish advanced stats were tracking for junior. His lack of 5v5 production is worrying for me. This is his 4th season in the league
He looked good in the NHL, preseason notwithstanding.

I am not worried about 5v5 yet. Long way to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad