Injury Report: 2024-2025 Injury thread | HF’s Longest Thread Just Got Longer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Landeskog is participating in a very small skate full of all Finnish players today Jussi Parkkila Joel KivirantaJere InnalaMikko RantanenArtturi LehkonenJustus Annunen

I knew Landy was secretly a Finn

Reactions: RECKLESS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hell yeah, let's go Gabe! A month before the season starts, he doesn't look too far off. Still waiting to see those hard stops and starts though.

If he doesn't have any setbacks, I have a feeling he may play in the 4 game homestand, after Game 1 in Vegas. I'm going to guess against Patty Roy and the Isles on Oct 14.

Reactions: dahrougem2

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
Do we need him off to accrue cap space ? Or we'll accrue regardless because of Nish ?
Isn't there someone on this board who can pin the exact cap we'll have on the day Nish will come back (Nov 13) and whether we can fit both Landeskog and Nish back on that day ??
That question is driving me nuts !!!!

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I cannot imagine the rush and goosebumps he gets doing integrated team drills at a high pace, around teammates, getting cheers and taps from them the whole way. Talk about motivation.

Imagine the motivation his teammates are getting.

And it's gonna last all year too if not longer. This is the unspoken dialogue that will be going on in the back of the player's minds all year when they're not feeling great about things, and then they glance over at Gabe on the bench or in practice.

"Oh the schedule's been a bit of a grind lately? Teams are playing you hard defensively and the pucks not going in? You've lost a few games and you're starting to doubt yourself? I just spent the last two years learning to skate again and rehabbing an injury that many said would end my career. Sack up and lets get back to work."

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I've said this a dozen times, but I do not envy the line that goes against Gabe in his first game back.

Not only is he absolutely chewing at the bits ready to go, but there's not a damn guy on the team that won't pay the price for him either. This is going to be one highly motivated team that night.
It’s gonna be a very motivated team all season if Landy comes back and god willing, stays healthy all year.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
"Well, I realized next year is a contract year and I'm in line for a big pay raise if I play as well as I was pre-surgery so that's why I chose to say f*** it and got it done."

Pretty sure that's the real reason lmao.
Can you blame the guy? He walked on to a team undrafted and has actually cut out a notch for himself.

At first, I was a bit upset at the timing because I thought Trenin and Duhaime were in addition to LOC not to replace him. But after that all got sorted out, I mean, LOC was ever going to be the difference between us winning a cup or not after Nuke decided to bail. I'm just glad he's healthy to start this season.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Can you blame the guy? He walked on to a team undrafted and has actually cut out a notch for himself.

At first, I was a bit upset at the timing because I thought Trenin and Duhaime were in addition to LOC not to replace him. But after that all got sorted out, I mean, LOC was ever going to be the difference between us winning a cup or not after Nuke decided to bail. I'm just glad he's healthy to start this season.
Not at all. Players have finite careers and there's only so much you can make as a bottom six energy guy whose primary strength is skating.

If LOC plays well next season he could be looking at a contract in the 4 year, 12-16M range depending upon how many goals he scores. Teams might look at him as a Blake Coleman-esque UFA.

If I'm certain of anything it's that next season is LOC's last as a member of the Avalanche.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Not at all. Players have finite careers and there's only so much you can make as a bottom six energy guy whose primary strength is skating.

If LOC plays well next season he could be looking at a contract in the 4 year, 12-16M range depending upon how many goals he scores. Teams might look at him as a Blake Coleman-esque UFA.

If I'm certain of anything it's that next season is LOC's last as a member of the Avalanche.
If LOC was a center was could start memes about him being the second coming of Compher.... LO3C.

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
LOC - and Calvert before him - is an incredibly valuable part of the team, or any team. He is essentially Lehky Lite. I agree with @dahrougem2 that he could be in the $3M to $4M range with a full year of quality play, and he would be a fool to turn down that money. Drouin - in a similar boat - at least has $10M in past salary which allows him some latitude when it comes to playing on a discounted contract.

My head explodes when I consider losing LOC, Drouin, and probably Mitts - not to mention either Ritchie or Lehky - just to sign Mikko to a $12M+ contract which will age like sour milk.

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Without Landy, Nuke, Lehky to start the season, thank god at least LOC is good to go otherwise we’d start the season with AHL forward group

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
LOC - and Calvert before him - is an incredibly valuable part of the team, or any team. He is essentially Lehky Lite. I agree with @dahrougem2 that he could be in the $3M to $4M range with a full year of quality play, and he would be a fool to turn down that money. Drouin - in a similar boat - at least has $10M in past salary which allows him some latitude when it comes to playing on a discounted contract.

My head explodes when I consider losing LOC, Drouin, and probably Mitts - not to mention either Ritchie or Lehky - just to sign Mikko to a $12M+ contract which will age like sour milk.
Drouin actually has north of +$35M of career earnings.

How do you equate giving Rantanen a $3M raise to "losing, LOC + Drouin + Mitts + Lehky"???

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Still crazy to me just how much O'Connor contributed to any success Colton and Wood had. The moment he went down, those two just went to shit. Bednar made matters worse when he kept insisting on putting a post-injury Parise with them, and frankly even pre-injury he was a bad fit with those guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad