Injury Report: 2024 - 2025 Injury Reports

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I’d see what we have internally first. Try Holloway at C. Try Tex at C again. Sundqvist, Walker…but fact remains, the next 6 weeks are probably going to be a struggle. I’m not in favor of paying assets to bring in a short term bandaid solution. Sink or swim with this group. If a trade that makes sense now but also in the future materializes, go for it, but that’s unlikely so I’m not counting on it.

Alexandrov is off to a fast start also. We can bring him up and give him top 9 minutes.

Reactions: STL fan in MN

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I’d see what we have internally first. Try Holloway at C. Try Tex at C again. Sundqvist, Walker…but fact remains, the next 6 weeks are probably going to be a struggle. I’m not in favor of paying assets to bring in a short term bandaid solution. Sink or swim with this group. If a trade that makes sense now but also in the future materializes, go for it, but that’s unlikely so I’m not counting on it.
Pretty much this. Let’s see what we have for the immediate future and re-evaluate if necessary.

Reactions: STL fan in MN

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Will they have Holloway centre The 3rd Line, or The 2nd? I don't like Schenn at centre anymore. He's a lot better on the wing. I'd play Buchnevich on The 1st Line, Holloway on The 2nd, and try Texier on The 3rd, and put Sundqvist on The 4th, but on the wing, with Faksa at centre.

Last edited:

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Will they have Holloway centre The 3rd Line, or The 2nd? I don't like Schenn at centre anymore. He's a lot better on the wing. I'd play Buchnevich on The 1st Line, Holloway on The 2nd, and try Texier on The 3rd, and put Sundqvist on The 4th.
You forgot Faksa

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Will they have Holloway centre The 3rd Line, or The 2nd? I don't like Schenn at centre anymore. He's a lot better on the wing. I'd play Buchnevich on The 1st Line, Holloway on The 2nd, and try Texier on The 3rd, and put Sundqvist on The 4th, but on the wing, with Faksa at centre.
Holloway is playing 3C tonight.

Schenn at 1C but we’ll see how that goes…

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
But Thomas was ready. His all around game was much more developed and sending back to the OHL would have been a waste as he had outgrown it.
I agree, but you really dont know what you have with Dvorsky until you throw him out there for a few games.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
When Leddy comes Back they should ease him into the lineup on the 3rd pair with POJ or Kessel. Keep Suter with Colt for right now.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Can you imagine if that had been the approach with a 19 year old Robert Thomas?
In his age 19 season, Thomas got 13 minutes a night of highly sheltered minutes. He was 10th or lower on the team in total time on ice and even strength time on ice (total and per game). He also played the lowest quality of competition among all our forwards who played 400+ minutes at 5 on 5 that year.

Additionally, he played significantly more at wing, acting as the team's 6th most frequent center. When they did have him at center, they regularly put another actual center at wing to help cover some of the defensive responsibilities.

So I don't really have to imagine it. The reality is that we very much did not rush Thomas into middle 6 or top 6 center usage in his age 19 season. We bent over backwards to protect him as much as possible since he wasn't AHL eligible and we didn't want to send him back to junior.

Last edited:

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I agree, but you really dont know what you have with Dvorsky until you throw him out there for a few games.
You can absolutely evaluate a player in the AHL without throwing him into NHL games. He has played 5 AHL games, which are his first pro games in North America. He was far from NHL ready during his pro games overseas, so we have 5 games worth of data/viewings. That's not remotely close to a sample where you can say that there is nothing more to learn about him before NHL gameplay.

I haven't watched his AHL games, but I'd bet good money that several people in the Blues front office have watched every shift. But I can read a box score and see that he is producing offensively but is tied for worst on the team in +/-. I've read stuff here from posters saying his game isn't close to complete at this point.

I did watch him in the preseason and it was pretty clear to me that he wasn't an NHL player last month. I have a really hard time believing that 5 games in the AHL have meaningfully changed his game to the point where it is anyone's guess how NHL-ready he is.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad