Speculation: 2024-2025 General Lightning Discussion: Preseason Edition

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well, we certainly aren't "balanced", our 1st line is going to have to carry us again, but we were also 5th in GF last year. Swapping Stamkos with Guentzel carries with it some risk, that's a move made after this years D was already sorted out though.

A top 5 GA and a top 5 GF team wins us the conference
I think the bet JBB is making is that we will improve 5v5 while staying about the same on the PP. And, even if we take a step back on the PP, it might be worth it to improve 5v5.

Hagel put up points last year even when off the 1st line, although his goal total dipped. If he can even give us 50 5v5 points in a 2nd line role, we are a better team at ES than last year.

Reactions: Rschmitz

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
We need Sheary and Atkinson to do more than just have decent point totals, they need to play good defense as well. Last year Sheary was the softest player I've seen in a Lightning uniform since Lukas Krajicek.

Our defense does look balanced on paper, for what that's worth. We need Hedman and Moser to click. Raddysh, and whoever he gels with, should be a stronger than usual third pair. And then McD and Cernak should be the one known going in. Then it's how much does everybody still have left in the tank - Hedman, McD.... Cernak is only 27?? I thought he was an old man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad