Speculation: 2024-2025 General Lightning Discussion: Preseason Edition

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Kuzmenko had 46 points last year with Elias Petterson was his most common linemate, then Hubdereau on the Flames, that's a lot of playmaking talent to drop off from to go to Cirelli not to mention he has zero playoff experience.

Don't think a shooter is what we need there, remember how well Cirelli was feeding Stamkos? what a deadly duo that was.
Stamkos 5v5 was terrible during the last 2 seasons, couldn't get anything going.
Kuzmenko (14 goals on 29 games played in Cgy) would be lethal with Hagel

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Howard will be signed once State is done. Howard will get a look in the top 6 to end the season, Don't forget about him
He's only played against Lake State, which isn't usually a powerhouse. Let's see how he does against some name brand teams.

To think, only a few years ago, old heads would have said Howard should suck it up and make it work with UMD.

Also, unrelated to anything, but I've got this rattling around my head. Simple directions to Lake Superior State.

Take I-75 N. That's it. Lake Superior State is located at the final exit of I-75 before it terminates at the Canadian border.

Last edited:

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
He's only played against Lake State, which isn't usually a powerhouse. Let's see how he does against some name brand teams.

To think, only a few years ago, old heads would have said Howard should suck it up and make it work with UMD.

Also, unrelated to anything, but I've got this rattling around my head. Simple directions to Lake Superior State.

Take I-75 N. That's it. Lake Superior State is located at the northern terminus (end) of I-75. You can drive straight there.
I expect BriseBois to sign Howard once State is done. He's not letting Howard get to the 4th year and we're officially in run out the clock to UFA danger territory. He'll be signed and get games to end this season. Unless we're trading him at the deadline.

Reactions: Renopucker

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
1728424308627.png

Geekie made the line up.

Geekie Point Kucherov
Guentzal Cirelli Hagel Guenztal and Hagel can carry Cirelli offensively.
Girgenson Paul tkinson/Sheary
Chaffee Glendening Atkinson/Sheary
Keep Geekie away from Cirelli and keep him around HIGH IQ and HIGHLY SKILLED offensive players to develop his offense.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
View attachment 913598
Geekie made the line up.

Geekie Point Kucherov
Guentzal Cirelli Hagel Guenztal and Hagel can carry Cirelli offensively.
Girgenson Paul tkinson/Sheary
Chaffee Glendening Atkinson/Sheary
Keep Geekie away from Cirelli and keep him around HIGH IQ and HIGHLY SKILLED offensive players to develop his offense.
Not many surprises outside of Geekie. We are going to need substantial help at forward by the TDL

Reactions: Outl4w

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
watching the Panthers/Bruins game and they just panned the camera over to Swayman after Korpi gave up 2 goals in a minute. he looked like he was about to pull a Patrick Roy in Montreal

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Geekie probably on the 3rd line to start. The F group is fine as long as least one of Sheary and Atkinson can contribute in the 35-40 point range. There will also be plenty of names out there for JBB to look at adding at RW near or at the tdl. I wokld hope the lines end up as
Guentzel-Point-Kuch
Hagel-Cirelli-Geekie
Sheary-Paul-Atkinson
Girgensons-Glendening-Ace/Chaffee
If Geekie does well on the 3rd line, I can see him getting time with Hagel and Cirelli, especially if neither Sheary nor Atkinson are meshing there. A tdl addition luke Kuzmenko, Gourde, Vatrano etc would also help balance out the depth in the top 9.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Didn't spend 9.5M on Guentzel to not play him with the best playmaker in the league.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Geekie probably on the 3rd line to start. The F group is fine as long as least one of Sheary and Atkinson can contribute in the 35-40 point range. There will also be plenty of names out there for JBB to look at adding at RW near or at the tdl. I wokld hope the lines end up as
Guentzel-Point-Kuch
Hagel-Cirelli-Geekie
Sheary-Paul-Atkinson
If Geekie does well on the 3rd line, I can see him getting time with Hagel and Cirelli, especially if neither Sheary nor Atkinson are meshing there. A tdl addition luke Kuzmenko, Gourde, Vatrano etc would also help balance out the depth in the top 9.
Maybe if we combine their point totals.

• Haha
Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Geekie won't be on the first line. Perhaps he gets cracks on the second if he shows he can handle NHL quality defenseman and goalies. I doubt it though.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Guentzel-Point-Kuch
Hagel-Cirelli-Geekie
Sheary-Paul-Atkinson
That third line is the stuff of nightmares.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Maybe if we combine their point totals.
Or if Sheary just hits his norm from most of the last 4 seasons.

That third line is the stuff of nightmares.
No, as both Sheary and Atkinson are more than capable of hitting at least 30 points if healthy. Sheary l, before last season, was regularly hitting 35 or so points, so one injury plagued season with Tampa doesn't mean much imo. Atkinson had a great start to last season before not doing much the last couple months or so. He's only signed for 900k, so even 25-30 points still is more than fine.

Reactions: Rschmitz

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Panthers doing all they can to replace Boston as the shittiest team in the league on opening night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad