Speculation: 2024-2025 General Lightning Discussion: Preseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
only for his faceoff ability and the fact we could move Paul up and avoid using Sheary in the top 6

Yeah he can’t be that much different from Sheary and Atkinson and he gives us another option as a right shot. He was brutal in Colorado though, so not expecting much.

Also depends on the conditions of the contract breach. If he faked an injury to avoid playing for Torts, that would seem more forgivable than some off-ice issue.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Yeah he can’t be that much different from Sheary and Atkinson and he gives us another option as a right shot. He was brutal in Colorado though, so not expecting much.

Also depends on the conditions of the contract breach. If he faked an injury to avoid playing for Torts, that would seem more forgivable than some off-ice issue.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
No thanks, he's done. Role can't get any easier than in Colorado and he stunk.

Reactions: Zwui21

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If he wasn’t cooked I’d be down but he’s probably cooked.

For league minimum why not. If he sucks send him to AHL and when he fails to report we can terminate him as well

b0lthed

Mar 7, 2023
Gotta find out more about his health first. Did he have surgery? When and on what body part? Dude can’t be signed if he can’t pass a physical

Also, it’s kinda sad that this board perks up at the mere thought of any semi-legitimate 3rd liner, whether it’s a has-been or a project or somebody’s trade bait. It’s like we’re dumpster diving

Reactions: T REX

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Gotta find out more about his health first. Did he have surgery? When and on what body part? Dude can’t be signed if he can’t pass a physical

Also, it’s kinda sad that this board perks up at the mere thought of any semi-legitimate 3rd liner, whether it’s a has-been or a project or somebody’s trade bait. It’s like we’re dumpster diving
That's more the curse of being extreme hockey nerds. We'll make a thread for a guy signed to play as Syracuse's #5 d-man.

TampaIceman

Jun 29, 2024
You can already do that by using Girgensons or Goncalves as the third line center. Or, dare to dream, Geekie has a great camp and takes the job.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
You can already do that by using Girgensons or Goncalves as the third line center. Or, dare to dream, Geekie has a great camp and takes the job.
I’m a huge Geekie fan. I watched probably 50% of his WHL games he played in. I think he’s a really great prospect. But I think he’s going to take some time to adjust to minor pro hockey.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
The next Shattenkirk

god i hope not. we have a plethora of dmen and 2-3 that are gonna be extras or in Syracuse that are better than Barrie. and lets not mention his father Len.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You can (in fact) do worse than Barrie but it's not saying much when the bar the Lightning have set on defense point scoring cannot possibly be lower.

Last edited:

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
How has Barrie not landed somewhere? I admittedly don’t know his situation but he’s RH and was good for 40 points before last year

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I don't think that I've seen a player be announced as a PTO, but sign anywhere else before camp.

If there are multiple teams interested, then play them off each other.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
How has Barrie not landed somewhere? I admittedly don’t know his situation but he’s RH and was good for 40 points before last year

Hard to believe he hasn't gotten an offer but if I were him and looking beyond this year I'd need to go to a team with offensive firepower, if he signs in San Jose and has another down year his career is done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad