Speculation: 2024-2025 General Lightning Discussion I

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I think it depends on the AHL team. Winning at that level is worth something to the organization, so having a guy who can score helps with that. We had Conacher in that role after it was obvious he didn't have an NHL future. I think it's good to keep guys in a winning culture as much as possible. Make losing rare and hated as much as you can.
I agree with you, but career AHLers aren't the priority. ABB is primarily an offensive player. His PP time is going to get cut into for a developing player. Versatility, and a willingness to play in bottom six roles, are valued. My original point was that outside of maybe the top 2/3rds of the NHL, there's not a lot of job security, in the form of multi-year contracts for a veteran player.

Europe isn't all that secure, either, but there's maybe a better chance of playing multiple years as a valuable player, a mold which ABB would seem to fit more into given the strengths in his game.

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
I agree with you, but career AHLers aren't the priority. ABB is primarily an offensive player. His PP time is going to get cut into for a developing player. Versatility, and a willingness to play in bottom six roles, are valued. My original point was that outside of maybe the top 2/3rds of the NHL, there's not a lot of job security, in the form of multi-year contracts for a veteran player.

Europe isn't all that secure, either, but there's maybe a better chance of playing multiple years as a valuable player, a mold which ABB would seem to fit more into given the strengths in his game.

What's the development rule?

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Hope this ain't too controversial, but the new goal song sucks ass. I really liked the old song (Mona - Goons) and the individual songs for certain players were solid too. The new song sounds like some generic BS.

Reactions: Outl4w

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad