Speculation: 2024-2025 General Lightning Discussion I

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I think it depends on the AHL team. Winning at that level is worth something to the organization, so having a guy who can score helps with that. We had Conacher in that role after it was obvious he didn't have an NHL future. I think it's good to keep guys in a winning culture as much as possible. Make losing rare and hated as much as you can.
I agree with you, but career AHLers aren't the priority. ABB is primarily an offensive player. His PP time is going to get cut into for a developing player. Versatility, and a willingness to play in bottom six roles, are valued. My original point was that outside of maybe the top 2/3rds of the NHL, there's not a lot of job security, in the form of multi-year contracts for a veteran player.

Europe isn't all that secure, either, but there's maybe a better chance of playing multiple years as a valuable player, a mold which ABB would seem to fit more into given the strengths in his game.

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
I agree with you, but career AHLers aren't the priority. ABB is primarily an offensive player. His PP time is going to get cut into for a developing player. Versatility, and a willingness to play in bottom six roles, are valued. My original point was that outside of maybe the top 2/3rds of the NHL, there's not a lot of job security, in the form of multi-year contracts for a veteran player.

Europe isn't all that secure, either, but there's maybe a better chance of playing multiple years as a valuable player, a mold which ABB would seem to fit more into given the strengths in his game.

What's the development rule?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad