Recalled/Assigned: 2024-2025 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I mean, it's a developmental league (cue Tigervixxen snickering in background) so it makes sense they'd have rules in place for that. Unless this is a recent development I don't believe it prevents veterans like Mike McKenna, Cody McLeod, Darren Haydar, and Brian Willsie from having very long and successful AHL careers.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
That developmental rule has been around for a long time... and SOB is just pissy because teams didn't want him around their younger guys. :sarcasm:

(He is right though that very quickly you can see if the 20/21 year olds can cut it)

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I mean, it's a developmental league (cue Tigervixxen snickering in background) so it makes sense they'd have rules in place for that. Unless this is a recent development I don't believe it prevents veterans like Mike McKenna, Cody McLeod, Darren Haydar, and Brian Willsie from having very long and successful AHL careers.
There’s plenty of room for the TJ Tynan’s of the world to make it a career out of being a AHL legend. The vet rule is over blown. It doesn’t count ECHL games and their number doesn’t accrue in season. A guy like Jacob MacDonald wasn’t even over the vet limit his first time with the org. Maybe there isn’t room for AHL third liners to be veterans but there’s enough room for them to take the major roles. If they truly wanted to be a “development league” they should cap it at max 5 guys not on ELC but that would never happen.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm just bummed Behrens waited until he was back with the Eagles before getting hurt. The Avs could've used those 82 man games missed. I've got a feeling we're going for a record this year!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad