2024-2025 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
He did prove he is impactful last year. He was 3rd on the team in P/60. 5th on team in shots per 60. He was 5th on team in GF%. He was 9th in xGF% but ahead of Neighbours. He actually had more defensive starts than offensive and wasn't sheltered like Neighbours. And he got better as he got more games. He had 5 points in his last 6 once he got comfortable

I'd assume he is leadingg the team in shots across the pre-season as well, although sites don't track all our games. He has 10 shots in 3 games and I've never seen him near the bottom of thise advanced stats impact charts for any game this pre-season. This is not a case of him not being impactful, or needing to develop or leveling off. If he is sent down, it's 100% about protecting a worthless older player.

I don't think the coaches are basing their roster decisions on advanced stats from a handful of games last season. Or at least I hope not. And doing well in preseason games against non-NHL players doesn't really mean much. He'll play a few weeks in the AHL and will come up hungry and ready to make a difference. Nothing to stress about.

I can already see Kapanen is the new whipping boy but he's not worthless. We'll get good value out if him for a million dollars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad