2024-2025 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I bought a Blues ROR jersey to wear to games. I got a navy Preds hat I can pair it with. I'd like to eventually get a Preds jersey too, but I can't see myself wearing that much yellow.

A Blues jersey? You're a brave man! Good luck with the move. Everyone says Nashville is an awesome place to live so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I was at the game last night and let's just say Jake should stick to hockey. They showed a few other Blues at the game. Tucker was there and I believe the Joseph brothers although I couldn't verify. I heard Bannister being interviewed on KMOX when I hit the John.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
A Blues jersey? You're a brave man! Good luck with the move. Everyone says Nashville is an awesome place to live so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I was at the game last night and let's just say Jake should stick to hockey. They showed a few other Blues at the game. Tucker was there and I believe the Joseph brothers although I couldn't verify. I heard Bannister being interviewed on KMOX when I hit the John.
Tucker shouldn't get too comfortable here. I loathe hearing Chris Kerber and Jamie River admire his grit and snarl as if other teams really care and expect anything less playing a hockey game. Barring injuries, I don't expect Tucker to play any games this season and would prefer him to get claimed off waivers for his own sake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I bought a Blues ROR jersey to wear to games. I got a navy Preds hat I can pair it with. I'd like to eventually get a Preds jersey too, but I can't see myself wearing that much yellow.
Volunteer fans are harmless, but I’ve had reinforcement of my dislike for the Predators from fan interactions in TN. In the eastern part of the state, I’ve met more Canes fans, and theyre mostly pretty cool to talk hockey with.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Volunteer fans are harmless, but I’ve had reinforcement of my dislike for the Predators from fan interactions in TN. In the eastern part of the state, I’ve met more Canes fans, and theyre mostly pretty cool to talk hockey with.
my nephew lives in Nashville and he is not to keen on preds fans either

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
EP names Kyrou the 14th best RW in the NHL: EP Rinkside's top-20 right wingers going into the 2024-25 NHL season
https://eprinkside.com/2024/09/10/ep-rinkside-top-20-right-wings-for-the-2024-25-season
You wouldn’t think it is just looking at the hockey card stats, but the 2023-24 season was an encouraging bounce-back for Kyrou as an all-around player. The thrilling rushing winger enjoyed the best goal-scoring season of his career in 2022-23, but it came at the expense of playmaking and defence. Last year, on the other hand, his finishing touch regressed a bit but those other aspects were back in full force. He ranked in the top five percent of forwards in chances, chance assists, passes, passes to the slot, entries, rush offence, puck touches, and dekes, evidence of just how dangerous he can be with the puck when he’s on his game. Nobody would mistake him for a Selke candidate but he understands that a rushing game begins with getting pucks in the defensive zone and improved in that regard last season as well. The question now is, just how high is his upside.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Jaime Rivers mentioned yesterday on 101 ESPN that he ran into Kyrou this offseason and that he had added quite a bit of muscle to his frame. That should help him in puck protection and board battles, I just hope it doesn't negatively impact his mobility and puck handling. As per my previous prediction, I think he is going to have a career year.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Jaime Rivers mentioned yesterday on 101 ESPN that he ran into Kyrou this offseason and that he had added quite a bit of muscle to his frame. That should help him in puck protection and board battles, I just hope it doesn't negatively impact his mobility and puck handling. As per my previous prediction, I think he is going to have a career year.
Assuming he added at least some of the muscle to his legs and it could make his skating even better. Or at least more stable and less likely to get pushed off the puck so easily.

And some increased upper body strength wouldn’t hurt either.

We’ll just have to see how he looks but I agree that the increased muscle mass is much more likely to be a good thing than a bad thing.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Kyrou's current weight per stlblues website is 196 lbs. We'll see how much muscle he gained around training camp assuming he hasn't gained much fat along with it (entirely possible though).

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I'd say that is a mostly fair ranking, but I don't think either of Ehlers or Fiala are right wingers. Fiala played left wing (with Moore on the right wing) basically all season and even when the Kings broke them up, they kept Fiala on the left side. I'm pretty sure Fiala has been a LW all his career. Ehlers got bounced around the lineup more, but I only recall seeing him on the left side. I'm also not sold that I'd take either over Kyrou. Buch came in as the #16 RW on this list despite playing almost no time at RW last season.

I think they got his tier right, but I'm not super impressed with the list overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad