HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
  • Wow
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Was just talking to my buddy about this. He used to work for a team Ribeiro played for, and heard "from a really good source" that Ribeiro got really drunk at a team party and banged the wife of the GM and that's why he got traded to Dallas. :laugh:
We all know whats wrong with Ribeiro..

But what on earth is wrong with with the "wife" ffs? :laugh:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Was just talking to my buddy about this. He used to work for a team Ribeiro played for, and heard "from a really good source" that Ribeiro got really drunk at a team party and banged the wife of the GM and that's why he got traded to Dallas. :laugh:
Not that I doubt your friend but Ribeiro got traded to Dallas from Montreal in 2006 and Montreal's GM at the time was Bob Gainey. His wife died of cancer 10 years earlier and he didn't remarry.

Perhaps your buddy was thinking of Chris Chelios who banged the President's wife and got traded. Same team.

Honestly I thought he was dead by now.
Looking at the pic he's halfway there.

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
That was Bob Gainey, who's wife passed of cancer way before then...
But Ribeiro's off-ice behavior was well documented, all to way to his junior days in Quebec, with Remparts/Citadelles!

Not that I doubt your friend but Ribeiro got traded to Dallas from Montreal in 2006 and Montreal's GM at the time was Bob Gainey. His wife died of cancer 10 years earlier and he didn't remarry.

Perhaps your buddy was thinking of Chris Chelios who banged the President's wife and got traded. Same team.

Beat me to it...

Reactions: The Moops

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth

That was Bob Gainey, who's wife passed of cancer way before then...
But Ribeiro's off-ice behavior was well documented, all to way to his junior days in Quebec, with Remparts/Citadelles!

Beat me to it...
Oh shoot, he must be thinking of someone else, or maybe it wasn't the GM's wife. Or maybe he was told wrong

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
There's always a wife story lol. My favorite one is Lindros and Brind Amour and then Brindamour hit Lindros with a folding chair

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I seriously doubt any sane woman would, let alone someone married to an NHL executive, just jump into bed with a slobbering drunk Mike Ribeiro. More than likely he tried to hit on someone at the party or didn’t even wait for her to say yes. That’s pretty much what he’s gotten in trouble for ever since.

For all the hand-wringing that goes on around Vegas, I’ve heard of more players partying their way out of Montreal (Michael Ryder and Chris Higgins spring to mind). Kinda wish I had hit that city up when I was young enough and single enough to do so.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I seriously doubt any sane woman would, let alone someone married to an NHL executive, just jump into bed with a slobbering drunk Mike Ribeiro. More than likely he tried to hit on someone at the party or didn’t even wait for her to say yes. That’s pretty much what he’s gotten in trouble for ever since.

For all the hand-wringing that goes on around Vegas, I’ve heard of more players partying their way out of Montreal (Michael Ryder and Chris Higgins spring to mind). Kinda wish I had hit that city up when I was young enough and single enough to do so.
lotr-gollum.gif

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
How?

The first time I get it, someone could have thought that he meant "with the help of Gaudreau's death, the Jackets are going to win the lottery". That'd be poor taste.

But saying that Gaudreau could help them from Heaven is poor taste?
Why did he mention Gaudreau at all ? Everyone knows

Reactions: Pokecheque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad