2024/2025 Around the League

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
It was a preseason game that was a makeup game and it was cancelled due to weather.

Season starts tomorrow.
This sounds like it may come as a surprise to Buffalo and New Jersey.

Well, maybe not the Devils, but I don't think Sabres were quite ready for it begin when it did.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
  • Wow
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Was just talking to my buddy about this. He used to work for a team Ribeiro played for, and heard "from a really good source" that Ribeiro got really drunk at a team party and banged the wife of the GM and that's why he got traded to Dallas. :laugh:
We all know whats wrong with Ribeiro..

But what on earth is wrong with with the "wife" ffs? :laugh:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Was just talking to my buddy about this. He used to work for a team Ribeiro played for, and heard "from a really good source" that Ribeiro got really drunk at a team party and banged the wife of the GM and that's why he got traded to Dallas. :laugh:
Not that I doubt your friend but Ribeiro got traded to Dallas from Montreal in 2006 and Montreal's GM at the time was Bob Gainey. His wife died of cancer 10 years earlier and he didn't remarry.

Perhaps your buddy was thinking of Chris Chelios who banged the President's wife and got traded. Same team.

Honestly I thought he was dead by now.
Looking at the pic he's halfway there.

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
That was Bob Gainey, who's wife passed of cancer way before then...
But Ribeiro's off-ice behavior was well documented, all to way to his junior days in Quebec, with Remparts/Citadelles!

Not that I doubt your friend but Ribeiro got traded to Dallas from Montreal in 2006 and Montreal's GM at the time was Bob Gainey. His wife died of cancer 10 years earlier and he didn't remarry.

Perhaps your buddy was thinking of Chris Chelios who banged the President's wife and got traded. Same team.

Beat me to it...

Reactions: The Moops

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth

That was Bob Gainey, who's wife passed of cancer way before then...
But Ribeiro's off-ice behavior was well documented, all to way to his junior days in Quebec, with Remparts/Citadelles!

Beat me to it...
Oh shoot, he must be thinking of someone else, or maybe it wasn't the GM's wife. Or maybe he was told wrong

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
There's always a wife story lol. My favorite one is Lindros and Brind Amour and then Brindamour hit Lindros with a folding chair

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I seriously doubt any sane woman would, let alone someone married to an NHL executive, just jump into bed with a slobbering drunk Mike Ribeiro. More than likely he tried to hit on someone at the party or didn’t even wait for her to say yes. That’s pretty much what he’s gotten in trouble for ever since.

For all the hand-wringing that goes on around Vegas, I’ve heard of more players partying their way out of Montreal (Michael Ryder and Chris Higgins spring to mind). Kinda wish I had hit that city up when I was young enough and single enough to do so.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I seriously doubt any sane woman would, let alone someone married to an NHL executive, just jump into bed with a slobbering drunk Mike Ribeiro. More than likely he tried to hit on someone at the party or didn’t even wait for her to say yes. That’s pretty much what he’s gotten in trouble for ever since.

For all the hand-wringing that goes on around Vegas, I’ve heard of more players partying their way out of Montreal (Michael Ryder and Chris Higgins spring to mind). Kinda wish I had hit that city up when I was young enough and single enough to do so.
lotr-gollum.gif

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
Seravalli could get a job at the Denver Post with that level of mealy-mouthed nonsense.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
You can't say the words "with help from..." to do anything, when said "help" is dying in a tragic accident. How does that thought even cross your brain? To edit it and say "with help from heaven" does not improve it at all. Either it doesn't change the meaning at all, or it implies that Gaudreau is in heaven willing the Blue Jackets to lose. As if he sacrificed himself so that they could win the draft lottery.

I hate the speech police, but that just breaks any rules of common decency.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
You can't say the words "with help from..." to do anything, when said "help" is dying in a tragic accident. How does that thought even cross your brain?
You never heard about asking for help from dead people? Like asking grandpa to help you pass this test? How is that the slightest offensive?

Now asking Johnny to help you win the lottery might be stretching it but it's still fake drama.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You never heard about asking for help from dead people? Like asking grandpa to help you pass this test? How is that the slightest offensive?

f***ing fake drama

If you knew either of my grandpas, you'd know they would be the last people I'd want help from academically.

Reactions: Balthazar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad