2024/2025 Around the League

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The team could do with another forward for sure, at least until Lehkonen is back. And long term a 4c is also a need.
C is 100% a need. And even a winger that would add some goal scoring ability. But another winger that isn't good enough for the top 6 and won't add anything to the bottom 6 isn't really needed.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Goncalves is definitely an interesting name in that group. Scores like crazy in the AHL, but hasn't gotten a real chance in the big show yet. And he's from the Tampa system, if their scouts liked him that's a point in his favor. Ylonen is another name that jumped out, although that may just be leftover from his draft year when I really liked him.

Basically anything to inject a little more skill into the forward group, the 4th line does not whelm me at all.
That's his name? Does he, like, have no flesh below his knees or something?

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I thought Ylönen was decent two way player with some skill.
In my opinion, he's at the very least a much better call-up option than Foudy or Olausson.

Avs should put in a claim for Ylonen and if they get him, send Ritchie back to the OHL. It's basically a free 2-3 week trial until we get some guys back and at that point, if he's doing well you can also send back Ivan Ivan who probably wouldn't need waivers anyhow.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Depending on where Milton goes, that game in Raleigh might also be in jeopardy. It could also go south far enough to impact the Panthers.

If it directly hits Tampa as is expected right now, it probably won't have large impacts on the other games.... but if Milton keeps going as is modeled right now, Tampa could get hit with the biggest hurricane there since 1921.

It took me way too long to figure that out. VAN is so much better
You mean BETA is better.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
If it directly hits Tampa as is expected right now, it probably won't have large impacts on the other games.... but if Milton keeps going as is modeled right now, Tampa could get hit with the biggest hurricane there since 1921.

You mean BETA is better.

Crossing our fingers here in SW Florida that some of that wind shear coming from the East weakens the storm a bit. Nevertheless, it looks like we're in for another doozy. I'm like 1.5-2.0 hours south of Tampa.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Crossing our fingers here in SW Florida that some of that wind shear coming from the East weakens the storm a bit. Nevertheless, it looks like we're in for another doozy. I'm like 1.5-2.0 hours south of Tampa.
Stay safe! I'm currently trying to encourage some family and friends in St Pete/Tampa to get out. Of course there are always a few 'it is never that bad' types.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The wife's in Orlando now for a conference, which they just announced they're canceling after guest speaker Alex P. Keaton is done tomorrow. I was set to take the kids to join her so we could take them to Disney World but that might be in jeopardy. She says people are either freaking out or just kinda shrugging their shoulders. No idea what the plan is, she does not want to get stuck at the airport but staying has obvious disadvantages.

Since when is Vancouver VCR?

Friedman has been using his BS abbreviations for ages.

It took me way too long to figure that out. VAN is so much better

What I think is hilarious is that Friedge largely stopped the silly abbreviations EXCEPT that one because he knows Canucks fans are an emotional bunch and he can't help but egg them on every chance he gets.

On a side note, it annoys me that sports team abbreviations across the board are three letters, even the Kings who used to be just LA but are now LAK. Why? I get why we have NYI/NYR, but there's no other hockey team in Los Angeles. Anyway, just a pet peeve of mine.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad