2024/2025 Around the League

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
The Avs goalie situation next year will be…interesting
As long as we have a couple of 2nd round picks or at least 1 first round pick we will get our next goalie from the East Coast again. Hopefully one of Rangers, Isles, Caps or Devils will have 1 goalie available for us.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I see the rationale for this season at his <800K contract. However, they went ahead and extended the guy prior to him showing he isn't a complete bandaid for 3.67M. Unnecessary.
That I agree with, they should not have done that, but I think their rationale was that they'd either get a legit franchise goalie at a discounted price or his body explodes and he's grist for the LTIR wheel.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
As long as we have a couple of 2nd round picks or at least 1 first round pick we will get our next goalie from the East Coast again. Hopefully one of Rangers, Isles, Caps or Devils will have 1 goalie available for us.
I'm still weirded out they traded for a 2nd rounder this year and then...used it.

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Woll is hurt AGAIN?

You gotta jettison this guy. You can't hope and pray a guy who has had an absurd amount of injury problems will magically be healthy at the most important time of the year.
I feel bad for Woll but this is hilarious as a Leafs hater

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
There will be other options, including keeping Georgiev, but I fear they will go with a Nabokov/Cheeks combo, and then sign a vet 3rd goalie to have just in case.
No way will they go with Nabokov in 2025. If nothing else he'll make the jump to North America and play for the Eagles, but even that isn't a guarantee.

Unless Annunen has an absolutely atrocious season he'll probably be back...as a backup. Once again they'll have to find a stopgap measure of some kind, no idea who but it'll likely be some journeyman or young backup from somewhere else.

Only ones I'd be pissed off about would be Korpisalo, Grubauer, or Talbot. The rest would probably be different shades of amusement and disappointment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad