Prospect Info: [2024] 1st rd selection - #31 OA - RD, Ben Danford - Oshawa Generals, OHL (6′2″/191lb)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
They took a player who was pretty universally ranked in the 50-100 range by scouting services.

A couple had him in the 30's, a couple lists had him 70+ but generally he's listed in the 50's. Bob's rankings based on scouts consensus had him 54th.

I think it's kind of hard to argue that he wasn't a reach in the first round based on the available data whether you like the pick or not.
It is easy when you factor in that the Leafs have their own rankings and those are the ones that matter to the team. They even had a sweater with his name on it at 31.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Stuart Percy

"we had two first round picks!"....Burke
Stu to his credit gave us 10 games where we thought we had something at least. He looked slick an poised, but the skating wasn't quite there.

Danford looks like Gudbranson, which I guess to have that career for a 31st pick is fine. But I can't get excited for it.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
a RHD Marc-Edouard Vlasic... for me he's the kind of d he can become and if he become that kind ofnplayer, everybone here will be happy .

The sexiest pick are not always the best and late in 1st round, it's more type of project than etablish player so you take guest with who you're thinking with develop the most

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Treliving likes Big, mean and mobile Dman that play defense first ...

Here was his 1st chance to put that imprint on the Leafs going forward.

Moving back to recapture lost picks due to the scorched earth draft pick approach of his predecessor also a welcome change..

PS.. I thought the Leafs were going to take EJ Emery the Dman that went right in front of them however.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
What about Solberg? He's literally the same type of player but more physical?

The leafs wined and dined him and then rekt him

Solberg switched to defense not too long ago, he's a forward converted to defense. He switched to defense at 14 years old. He's an interesting prospect

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
Pikachu-boner-meme-4.jpg
lol f*** this picture always makes me crack up

• Haha
Reactions: PromisedLand

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
They took a player who was pretty universally ranked in the 50-100 range by scouting services.

A couple had him in the 30's, a couple lists had him 70+ but generally he's listed in the 50's. Bob's rankings based on scouts consensus had him 54th.

I think it's kind of hard to argue that he wasn't a reach in the first round based on the available data whether you like the pick or not.
OMG who cares stop crying and whining about it, they picked who they liked and that's that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad