Prospect Info: 2024 18th Overall - Sacha Boisvert

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He has a solid top six ceiling and a 4c floor physical good defense and solid shot might not be a super flashy guy but a matchup c that can pop in 20-30 goals while being a physical and net front presence. That is a really good player to have on your team during their prime.
No, you need a consistent effort level to play a bottom 6 role. You can't take shifts off. Boisvert lacks that drive and motor. Invisible off the puck.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
No, you need a consistent effort level to play a bottom 6 role. You can't take shifts off. Boisvert lacks that drive and motor. Invisible off the puck.
“The things I like about him are his compete, his hockey sense, and his ability to play anywhere in the lineup. You need a goal? Put
him out there. You need him to defend a goal? You put him out there. You need him to change the way the game’s going? You put
him out there. You need someone to fight? You put him out there. He’s a centre in the NHL, too.” – Western Conference scout, May

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Did someone compare Boisvert to Ryan Kesler or did I dream this , so sleep deprived lately . I know Nazar was guided by Kesler or coached or ????

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
“The things I like about him are his compete, his hockey sense, and his ability to play anywhere in the lineup. You need a goal? Put
him out there. You need him to defend a goal? You put him out there. You need him to change the way the game’s going? You put
him out there. You need someone to fight? You put him out there. He’s a centre in the NHL, too.” – Western Conference scout, May
and this right here is why Musto's scouting career flamed out before it ever started....

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Boisvert was a fantastic pick for you guys.

Have absolutely no clue where any questions of his motor or compete come from, couldn’t be further from the truth.
They come from a single poster with an agenda. He melts down on players any time "his guy" isn't taken in the slot he wants. Then, for some reason, a bunch of people on HF Hawks believe him, and the stupidity spreads like a wildfire in a dead forest.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

sounds like a scrub to me. terrible pick

Crow

May 19, 2014
Didn’t realize Kyle from Chicago was pretty much Bettman sized. Sacha looks like a giant in that picture.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Souker

Feb 10, 2020
As a Habs fan, I can’t shake the feeling that we drafted at 5 and 21, who you guys should have drafted at 2 and 18. From what I’ve read, you guys had Demidov and Hage as very close 2nd to your selections. I’m sure in a not too far away parallel universe, those were your 2 selections.
I was more surprised by your 18th pick actually. I think both the Hawks and Habs had the same top 2 players left on their board (Boisvert and Hage) but by the sound of it, reading between the lines, Habs had Hage at 1, Boisvert at 2. So I’m sure HuGo was happy you guys didn’t pick Hage (surprisingly considering his higher upside imo and the fact that he play in your backyard).
Will be interesting to look back one day and see whether you guys made the right choice.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pez68 and Crow

Mjul Qvist

Nov 28, 2009
I think both the Hawks and Habs had the same top 2 players left on their board (Boisvert and Hage) but by the sound of it, reading between the lines, Habs had Hage at 1, Boisvert at 2. So I’m sure HuGo was happy you guys didn’t pick Hage (surprisingly considering his higher upside imo and the fact that he play in your backyard).
Will be interesting to look back one day and see whether you guys made the right choice.

Some scouts saw that Hage is either top 6 or bust. So maybe Hawks went with higher floor? In Hockey Prospects Black Book Hage was 40th (Boisvert 30th).

Reactions: HawksDub89

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Some scouts saw that Hage is either top 6 or bust. So maybe Hawks went with higher floor? In Hockey Prospects Black Book Hage was 40th (Boisvert 30th).

I think you’re spot on here. I go to a lot of USHL games and have seen both live.

Boisvert (imo) is much better off the puck than Hage. Hage does have a higher ceiling (not by much).

If Hage doesn’t hit I’m not sure he has a 3rd line type of game.

Reactions: Mjul Qvist

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
Every year they do a re-draft and guys show where they should have been drafted instead of where they are drafted. Who knows where Sasha will fall in a redraft? But this team needs quality players and quality people. If Sasha ends up being a 3C who is here for years to come then good on the Hawks for taking him here at 18. If he can be a 2C then that's gravy. There is no spot at 1C with Bedard. So, I like the pick and love the toughness and skill that this kid brings. Any haters can relax on the other side of the keyboard. These boys step onto the ice like men and in Sasha's case he will drop em and go toe to toe. Enough of the jabs on kids who are 2-3 years away from being pros

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Hage may or may not have more points than Boivert, but Boivert simply brings tangibles that Bedar, Nazar and Moore don't and that very key to this pick. I don't see Hage bringing those tangibles either. I still think they were trying to pull off more than they did when they moved down to 18---but plan B was Boivert and I think he'll be as advertised, but not a stud by any means.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Hage may or may not have more points than Boivert, but Boivert simply brings tangibles that Bedar, Nazar and Moore don't and that very key to this pick. I don't see Hage bringing those tangibles either. I still think they were trying to pull off more than they did when they moved down to 18---but plan B was Boivert and I think he'll be as advertised, but not a stud by any means.

Well said. Boisvert is a type of forward we didnt have. Plays a two way power game but also has skill.

Reactions: MicronMega

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad