Prospect Info: 2024 18th Overall - Sacha Boisvert

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
He's also a better skater, and he actually goes to the dirty areas, plays tough, and doesn't shy away from physicality. I also think his shot is probably harder than Strome's, even now. He has a heavy ass shot. You'd think that Musto would be all over a Strome that isn't just a perimeter player.
Its funny that Washington now has all of Musto's boys.

Didn't Musto really like Parascak?

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
What exactly about his game should make him any better of a prospect then the lesser Dach?

Dach is not much of a prospect at this point and there really seems no reason to get excited over Boisvert

And at end of day there no defending trade up
He plays with every bit of the edge Dach does and has a far more impressive/advanced offensive tool kit. He’s also a better 200 foot player and projects as a center (whereas Dach is a winger)

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
What exactly about his game should make him any better of a prospect then the lesser Dach?

Dach is not much of a prospect at this point and there really seems no reason to get excited over Boisvert

And at end of day there no defending trade up
Instead of just assuming you know a player, why don't you just go watch some video on him? It's obvious you haven't even watched a single second of him playing.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
How much of this braintrust is guys still around from the Dach mistake?
Instead of just assuming you know a player, why don't you just go watch some video on him? It's obvious you haven't even watched a single second of him playing.

Actually, I have seen his highlights before. And he is far from impressive and there is no compairing him to the better talent Hawks passed up on

Everyone has highlight video's

You want to see Dylan Strome highlights? Hell Entwistle has highlights, does that make them good?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
How much of this braintrust is guys still around from the Dach mistake?

Actually, I have seen his highlights before. And he is far from impressive and there is no compairing him to the better talent Hawks passed up on

Everyone has highlight video's

You want to see Dylan Strome highlights? Hell Entwistle has highlights, does that make them good?
If you're comparing him to Colton Dach, then no, you haven't seen him. You're just spouting off nonsense.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
One more thing I’d like to add on him: North Dakota is the PERFECT program for him. It’s hard to look at what Brad Berry and that staff did with a similar profile in Shane Pinto and not get excited about what his development could look like
The most common comp name I'm hearing on him is Brock Nelson, another UND product.

Getting a Brock Nelson at #18 is not a bad thing, if that's where he ends up.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
they threw away a 2nd a month ago to move from 20 to 18 to take someone that would've been there at 20? big brain move right there
Yeah, I'm scratching my head so hard I started bleeding on this one.

So sick of this all pick rebuild if he's putting all these picks in a basket that has a hole in it. I'm all for trading some of the picks but geezus.

Hope the kid works, I like the profile if that means anything but I'm really skeptical it was worth the trade.

Reactions: Malaka

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
The most common comp name I'm hearing on him is Brock Nelson, another UND product.

Getting a Brock Nelson at #18 is not a bad thing, if that's where he ends up.
Getting Brock Nelson at 18 is a home run. Obviously they’re not quite the same player and Nelson is a higher end comp, but I do like it from a stylistic standpoint

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
This wouldn't be my pick but this kid isn't a bum. His skating is ok not bad, his edges are decent. He has a really good wrist shot and natural scoring touch. His compete level is uneven, but he isn't soft. His hockey IQ is a little iffy to me and I don't know if he stays at center. He's going to a solid college program, so he'll be getting good coaching. I think he's pretty raw and it will be a few years before we know what we have. I can't believe we passed on some of the people we did to choose him.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
He was 11th in scoring in the USHL with over a PPG. And will now move on to UND to develop more. He'll score goals at the NHL level. Go watch videos of his shot. It's bordering on elite, IMO.
I've seen tons of video on this kid. He constantly turns the puck over and got a ton of ice time for Muskegon. He also played more games than most of the players in the league. Joe Conner is another draft eligible that scored 60 points in 50 games on the same team. He just didn't play as many games due to playing internationally for his country. Boisvert didn't get any international play

Boisvert was the 3rd best draft elgible player on his own team and WE DRAFTED HIM 18TH OA.

I don't dislike the player, I dislike the management reaching for him. I'm just going to hope it works out

Reactions: pvr

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I've seen tons of video on this kid. He constantly turns the puck over and got a ton of ice time for Muskegon. He also played more games than most of the players in the league. Joe Conner is another draft eligible that scored 60 points in 50 games on the same team. He just didn't play as many games due to playing internationally for his country. Boisvert didn't get any international play

Boisvert was the 3rd best draft elgible player on his own team and WE DRAFTED HIM 18TH OA.

I don't dislike the player, I dislike the management reaching for him. I'm just going to hope it works out
He's ranked above Gridin if that's who you mean, by every ranking list.

Joe Conner is 19, you're complaining about a 2nd year eligible guy being better?

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
He's ranked above Gridin if that's who you mean, by every ranking list.

Joe Conner is 19, you're complaining about a 2nd year eligible guy being better?
There were a lot of people that had Gridin over Boisvert in the pro scouting community and a majority that had Hage ranked higher.

He wasn’t even in my own top 50 players. Hockeyprospect and Simon st Laurent go into depth on this player and why they were lower on him than most. Projects as a 3rd line player if he makes it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad