WJC: 2023 Team Canada Roster Talk Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Too bad it wasn't Ryan Greene.

Would have been an upgrade over Dach.

But we all know about the bias against him.
It isn't a bias....likely a touch easier flying Beck in on short notice from Ontario then it is getting Greene in on short notice. Plus Beck very likely was the last cut anyways.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I wouldn’t want to change the make up of the team but I wonder if the management for team Canada would have pushed for Wyatt Johnston or Mason McTavish to replace Dach.

The gold medal game is January 5th and the maximum number of games either would play is three games. It is not like they would miss many NHL games in that short of a timespan.

Now I get replacing a fourth liner in Dach with Beck is a very easy transition for the team. But to get a top line player would have been amazing.

Reactions: Mr Buckles

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I was someone who called the loss to the U.S. 2 years ago - when most posters (including many American posters) felt Canada had it in the bag.
I also felt we were LUCKY(!) to beat Russia in 2020, so I am not someone who is prone to being hubristic but...

I feel REALLY good about this team...

* In a small Canadian rink - where the energy is palpable;
* The team is really big, fast and skilled;
* The talent is well distributed up and down the lineup;
* We have a super star in our midst;
* We have a strong core of returnees who won just 5 months ago.

Anyone else feeling OVERLY confident about Gold?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
I was someone who called the loss to the U.S. 2 years ago - when most posters (including some American posters) felt Canada had it in the bag.
I also felt we were LUCKY(!) to beat Russia in 2020, so I am not someone who is prone to being hubristic but...

I feel REALLY good about this team...

* In a small Canadian rink - where the energy is palpable;
* The team is really big, fast and skilled;
* The talent is up and down the lineup;
* We have a super star in our midst;
* We have a strong core of returnees who won just 5 months ago.

Anyone else feeling OVERLY confident about Gold?

God bless Pope Benedict XVI. RIP.
If we play the USA, Shane Wright will have to produce another defensive masterclass like he did against Lysell and Rosen against the top line

Reactions: ORRFForever

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Can anyone summarize this player for those not in the know? I see his stats don't jump off the page as some other players do.

I saw him play Barrie earlier in the season and he stood out as one of the better players in the game. Decent size, his skating stood out in a good way, played both ends well and scored twice...but it was only one game.

Reactions: Mr Buckles

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Well we looked like a championship team for most of the game against Sweden. Multiple players played their best games. Hopefully they will keep it up. I think Jack is right in saying we showed the best of all the teams for a good chunk of the game. I just wish we could get consistent scoring from lines other than Bedards line or the powerplay. Hopefully we don't look past Slovakia we should beat them but if we aren't careful I think they could surprise us.

Reactions: ORRFForever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad