2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah I'm still worried about the Sharks. I can't see them getting another point. But I said the same thing about Chicago and Columbus and I'm already wrong about one of them so who knows?
I feel like anaheim could win both games tbh.

On the plus side i think that game is somewhat significant for the kings, so they should come to play.... but maybe they want to avoid oilers in round 1? lol

I think in the west, oilers are the worst matchup for kings.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Columbus has a home game remaining against Buffalo to end the season. We shall see how they end up but I could see them picking up another point.

The bottom line, once again, is that Anaheim HAS to lose the last 2 games in regulation to have a realistic shot at the 1 or 2 seed

San Jose still has a chance to finish dead last…

That game is Buffalo's fourth in five days, and they are eliminated from playoff contention now. The effort might not be that high for them.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
let's see how the hawks will blow this

jackets OT point is huge. too bad they're gonna beat the canucks tonight and ruin yet another gift

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I feel like anaheim could win both games tbh.

On the plus side i think that game is somewhat significant for the kings, so they should come to play.... but maybe they want to avoid oilers in round 1? lol

I think in the west, oilers are the worst matchup for kings.

I'm hoping for a combination of the following factors applies to that game:

1. LA is still fighting for playoff seeding
2. LA gives a shit about winning a rivalry game
3. Anaheim plays like they can't wait for the season to end.

Now that I think about it I'm wondering if McTavish looking pretty meh lately has something to do with Bedard lol.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I'm hoping for a combination of the following factors applies to that game:

1. LA is still fighting for playoff seeding
2. LA gives a shit about winning a rivalry game
3. Anaheim plays like they can't wait for the season to end.

Now that I think about it I'm wondering if McTavish looking pretty meh lately has something to do with Bedard lol.

Seattle has tie breaker on kings. Technically even if Seattle loses tonight. If Seattle wins Thursday night and kings lose in reg To us, Seattle gets 3rd seed

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
E40C8A49-B274-48A6-86A0-5A2B0BB1CE30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad