2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Terry is coming back into the team as well as LaCombe looking to make his mark. Not to mention Henrique is back which will help a lot against weaker teams. We will win another game at least unfortunately but its not that bad as top 5 is still amazingly good.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Washington has the #9, can see a few scenarios where they trade up to pick Michkov if he falls, and have Ovi ask Russia to let Michkov come to North America after his KHL contract is up.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Washington has the #9, can see a few scenarios where they trade up to pick Michkov if he falls, and have Ovi ask Russia to let Michkov come to North America after his KHL contract is up.
I feel like Washington is mostly focused on win now, and by "win" I mean get Ovi the goal record. They have 3 more seasons to get it done and they will want to surround him with as much talent as possible. It wouldn't surprise me to see them move that pick for a player.

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Terry is coming back into the team as well as LaCombe looking to make his mark. Not to mention Henrique is back which will help a lot against weaker teams. We will win another game at least unfortunately but its not that bad as top 5 is still amazingly good.

With Terry's birthing situation, he won't travel out of Anaheim. If that still holds true, then Terry won't be going to Arizona.

LaCombe's team made it to the championship game, which will be played tomorrow, the 8th of April. That means he won't be with the Ducks for games on April 8th and April 9th. Jackson should be able to make the April 11th (Canucks) and April 13th (Kings) games.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
In addition to Terry not going to Arizona, seems like it would be stupid to play Henrique in back to back meaningless games when he's coming off a 2+ month injury layoff. But we'll see what they do.

Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I do think it’s possible we see OEE although not sure how likely. Verbeek is definitely way more on board with the tank than Murray ever was

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
I feel like OEE will sense its his one shot to prove himself and get the shutout
You know willpower can't actually makeup for lack of talent in such a short amount of time right?

He has been trash this year at the AHL, and thats not against NHL competition with an equally bad defense in front of him.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Not sure how PV would view this in light of the tank situation, but this team has given guys a cup of coffee before who never had much more of a career than that. It would be a nice gesture to OEE if it didn't look too unprofessional.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Not sure how PV would view this in light of the tank situation, but this team has given guys a cup of coffee before who never had much more of a career than that. It would be a nice gesture to OEE if it didn't look too unprofessional.
OEE may get in a game if the Ducks are being blown out after two periods so it really doesn't matter if he lets in a few goals.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
If Gibson isn’t healthy still, then OEE has to play one of the games. Makes absolutely no sense to play Dostal two nights in a row at this point in the season, with where they are in the standings. Didn’t make sense to me when they made him do that earlier this season either.

Reactions: robbieboy3686
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad