2023 Tank Thread - Die Hard for Bedard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Yeah, it's early.

Have you watched this team though?

Do you honestly think that even if they made the playoffs, they would get out of the 1st round?

This is the best draft year since 2015, and there is a lot of baggage on this team that needs to go. This team has zero impact prospects in the pipeline - they need a high pick and it's the year to get one.

Outside of Bedard, you have Michkov and Fantilli who would be excellent 1st overall picks in any year.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Can’t cheer for a tank for another year. This feels different. If they are as bad as they seem, after an overhaul of management and an attempt to get better, it’s just hard to care.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Oh yes...
giphy.gif

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
f***ing hard to believe we are doing this after f***ing adding 20 mil in extensions and signings over the summer. We may have more skill than the bottom 3 teams but I have to believe this is one of the slowest cores in the NHL.

f*** you Francesco.

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Honestly, I can't cheer for a tank now that Benning's gone. Tanking for a player just seems counterproductive when the Canucks will lose the lottery anyways.

"2023 retool thread" would make a little more sense, I think.

Reactions: geebaan

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I'm not getting on board team tank this year. The point to me was to get Benning/Green fired and we missed the window to go for a reload.

This roster isn't good enough to make a deep run in the playoffs and has a good chance of missing entirely, but barring long term injuries to Hughes or Demko it's not top 10 pick worthy either

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I'm not getting on board team tank this year. The point to me was to get Benning/Green fired and we missed the window to go for a reload.

This roster isn't good enough to make a deep run in the playoffs and has a good chance of missing entirely, but barring long term injuries to Hughes or Demko it's not top 10 pick worthy either

Me neither. The time was last trade deadline, but they held on to Miller and all the moves they've done so far signals competing with this "core". So like it or not Canucks fans are stuck with permanent mediocrity.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I was saying last season that the new management group should've absolutely been planning for the future. Bedard is really the only thing that can change the fortunes of this franchise.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I honestly don’t know much about Bedard apart from the highlights

But I have watched Fantilli who is a hell of player
Watched two games so far in the NCAA

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Rather than cheering for 'the tank' for the third year in a row, I think it more likely that a number of fans will simply drift away from this team. I mean the diehards can only endure so much.

Fortunately there's the Lions to look forward to, who are making their first playoff appearance in four seasons. And there's the World Cup coming up in Qatar. That holds a lot more interest than following this woebegone NHL franchise that consistently comes up short despite have one of the highest payrolls in hockey.

Then there's the Canucks ownership group. If anyone richly deserves this current 'embarrassment, it's them. It looks good on them.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Rather than cheering for 'the tank' for the third year in a row, I think it more likely that a number of fans will simply drift away from this team. I mean the diehards can only endure so much.

Fortunately there's the Lions to look forward to, who are making their first playoff appearance in four seasons. And there's the World Cup coming up in Qatar. That holds a lot more interest than following this woebegone NHL franchise that consistently comes up short despite have one of the highest payrolls in hockey.

Then there's the Canucks ownership group. If anyone richly deserves this current 'embarrassment, it's them. It looks good on them.

this would be the best approach because you hit the owners pocket books. They will notice a drop in ticket sales and viewership which should scare the owner and management group.

Ninjadude

Oct 25, 2018
Too early to talk "tank" with this team. Too many good players and missing some key players on D. They will turn it around, but definitely a bubble team.

Reactions: geebaan

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
The last time there was a generational talent named Connor slated to go 1st OA we made sure to squeak into the playoffs that year, got completely embarrassed by a rival and a guy named Ferkland, picked 23rd overall in the draft then spent the next 7 years spinning our tires hopelessly so yeah we'll probably do that again

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Yeah, it's early.

Have you watched this team though?

Do you honestly think that even if they made the playoffs, they would get out of the 1st round?

This is the best draft year since 2015, and there is a lot of baggage on this team that needs to go. This team has zero impact prospects in the pipeline - they need a high pick and it's the year to get one.

Outside of Bedard, you have Michkov and Fantilli who would be excellent 1st overall picks in any year.

I give you permission to use my tagline...Die Hard for Bedard is way better than Fail Hard.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Not gonna happen.

Barring a highway robbery of a trade (for us or for the team we are trading with) we are a playoff bubble for the next couple of years.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Vancouver is too good to finish bottom 5 or even 10.
Thatcher, Hughes, Horvat, Pettersson, Miller, Boeser is too good for the league basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad