Patriots/NFL 2023 Regular Season Part 2: Patriots officially eliminated from playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
My fear is that they’re going to draft Drake Maye and he’s going to suck just like Mac Jones because this offense has nothing. I think there’s maybe 1 quarterback in the entire league that could succeed with this supporting cast.

If you want to tell me that the Patriots are going to spend big/trade for Tee Higgins, Mike Evans, or another comparable player then I’m fine with taking a QB. But again it seems like the Patriots don’t even realize that the lack of elite skill position players is the biggest issue on the roster and I don’t trust them to go get a player like that.
Everything hinges on who is hired as the general manager and/or personnel director. All we know with 99.99 percent certainty is that it won’t be Bill Belichick.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
It's really hard to judge the offense because they've been playing with the worst QB in the league. Of course Zappe sucks, but at least he's getting first team reps this week instead of being yanked around by the clueless coaching staff, so maybe we'll see something different.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
It's really hard to judge the offense because they've been playing with the worst QB in the league. Of course Zappe sucks, but at least he's getting first team reps this week instead of being yanked around by the clueless coaching staff, so maybe we'll see something different.

Mac hasn't been good, but he's not the worst QB in the league.

Screenshot_20231130_161456_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231130_161510_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: EvilDead and DNE3

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Von Miller telling Milan Lucic to hold his beer with these actions. Love to see this help implode the Bills season because it's funny to see their fans suffer. Knowing the NFL, they'll sweep it under the rug because Miller is still a useful player. Sad really.

Details below. Very disturbing, if true.

Last edited:

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Dan Orlovsky November 28

'The ESPN pundit took to Twitter to discuss just how bad the Patriots offence was, listing poor play design, poor timing, poor spacing, poor details and execution, and poor rhythm, adding that several guys are doing “different things” consistently and that there is very little “why” to doing things.

Orlovsky deemed it as bad as it can get at the NFL level, and that comes from a guy who’s been there and done that. Of course, Jones has been the fall guy more often than not, and we have to admit that he hasn’t done a lot to help his case. Then again, it’s not like he was put in a position to succeed at all. If anything, the Patriots set him up to fail from the very beginning, surrounding him with wide receivers who cannot create any sort of separation and a subpar offensive line. Jones’ future with the team is murky at best, and he might not get another shot in the league, but he’s definitely not the one to blame for this mess.'

World's worst GM built this roster and years in the making. Belichick coaching tree is a complicated tree, many branches. No soft landing this time around, bye.

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Interesting how Stephenson doesn't make excuses and had a good last 3 games. Keep it up
Yeah he's been good the last 3 games. Where was he the other games? He looked cooked. In fact, Zeke has looked better than Mondre as a whole this entire season. Nobody thought that would be the case.

Reactions: EvilDead

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Curious as to the general sentiment. Is it

A. A fundamentally bad team that's trying to compete
B. A mediocre team that's tanking
C. A fundamentally bad team that is also tanking

I'm between B and C. At least before Gonzalez and Judon went down, I think they were flawed but trying. But after that I'm convinced Belichick gave up on the season and is putting his players (i.e. Mac Jones) in position to lose to maximize draft position. But even if they were doing max effort and shrewd coaching with this roster, I think ay best it's 6-11 without Judon.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
It’s a bad roster that is also undisciplined, mistake prone, and that fails to make the easy plays.
I don't think so. When you have a bottom 5 QB you need to be firing on all cylinders or else you are just road kill.

Jones has just been so terrible that its brought everyone elses game down and an average roster becomes bad. When he had a good game vs Buffalo the team raised their game and they snuck up on them and won.

I'm kind of worried about Zappe ruining the tank but he stinks and is small and weak and the teams already quit. It won't be like last year.

Just don't F around with Belichick compensation let him go to the Chargers and take their first.

False Start

May 8, 2018
Von Miller telling Milan Lucic to hold his beer with these actions. Love to see this help implode the Bills season because it's funny to see their fans suffer. Knowing the NFL, they'll sweep it under the rug because Miller is still a useful player. Sad really.

Details below. Very disturbing, if true.
What are you talking about? He's barely played all season for them, how can it derail their season.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Yeah he's been good the last 3 games. Where was he the other games? He looked cooked. In fact, Zeke has looked better than Mondre as a whole this entire season. Nobody thought that would be the case.
I think Elliot has a legit claim for Canton he was that good at his peak and its just weird to see him come here to a bad team when noone else wanted him still not that old. We have no passing game Stevenson has been OK. Always meant to be more of a complimentary guy than a feature back IMO.

Hopefully we run it back with both next year.

Reactions: Mione134

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Top 10 defense despite missing its literal 2 best players all season.

3 top 12 olinemen at their positions....one top 5.

2 decent to good RBs.

A decent TE in Henry.

Yet "the whole roster sucks" according to many.

This roster is not nearly as bad as its record. The QB ruined them, not the other way around. He's as weak mentally as he is physically.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
So he’s beating out 2 rookies, a backup, and a guy who’s already been benched. Got it.

To me, it's not about "beating". You said he was the worst in the league. Statistically, you're wrong on that.

Funny thing is Tannehill was good for the Titans after his debacle. He looks cooked now, but Vrabel fixed him for a bit. When Mac leaves, I can forsee him resetting his career somewhere else and succeeding.

Reactions: EvilDead

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

I'm between B and C. At least before Gonzalez and Judon went down, I think they were flawed but trying. But after that I'm convinced Belichick gave up on the season and is putting his players (i.e. Mac Jones) in position to lose to maximize draft position. But even if they were doing max effort and shrewd coaching with this roster, I think ay best it's 6-11 without Judon.

I'm between A and B.

It’s a bad roster that is also undisciplined, mistake prone, and that fails to make the easy plays.

And the responsibility for that falls on the coaches. Especially one Bill Belichick.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Why would Bill tank when he’s trying to chase Shula? He needs all the wins he can get.

I think the team, the QB, his coaching staff, and even himself are just that bad at this point.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I don't think there's ever been a point where I've watched Penix and Nix and thought they were NFL QBs, or at least anything more than average backups. I'll admit I thought the same about Jalen Hurts, and obviously he's been great, though a lot of that is due to his running ability. I just see two decent athletes whose arms aren't that great with poor footwork.

One of the major traits of this year's QB class, at least the 2nd tier guys, is a lot of 4th/5th year breakouts, and this isn't a Joe Burrow situation where he had under 40 pass attempts his first three years. Daniels, Penix, and Nix were all freshman year starters (Penix was a redshirt). They have a ton of experience, and I feel like QBs like that generally underperform in the NFL because they've maxed out development, but aren't talented enough to step into the NFL and immediately be good, otherwise they would have already left college.

PeanutButter37

Feb 20, 2015
I can’t tell if Penix throws the ball weird or if it’s just cus he’s a lefty.
I always thought the same thing about Tua, until I watched the flipped video of him throwing. The mechanics just look so much better to me when he throws "righty". I have no idea if it's the same thing with Penix, but yeah - his throwing mechanics _look_ weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad