Patriots/NFL 2023 Regular Season Part 2: Patriots officially eliminated from playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I disagree with you. Our OL is a total mess, picking Fashanu would fix it, although we would need to upgrade with at least one other lineman via trade / draft or FA signing. He is a generational type player.
The line is a mess when it's not healthy and they are putting guys like McDermott and Lowe out there at tackle but it's a lot better when they are healthy. Brown and Onwenu are both good tackles, Andrews is the leader of the line and Sow has played well since moving back to guard.

If the team had more talent on the offensive side of the ball, i would agree with you and Fashanu might be the consensus choice if they miss out on the top 3. Get a younger and more reliable option than Brown. When your qb sucks, your best wr is either a 6th round rookie or Kendrick Bourne who has a torn acl and your best tight end is a guy who's probably just outside the top 10 for the position, you take either one of the two best qb prospects or a great wr or te prospect like Harrison or Bowers if they are on the board, even Nabers would be more of a need if they are picking 5th. Detroit have three first round picks on their line but they are a good team because of that talent they now have on offense.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I know it’s expensive, but natural grass is the way to go whenever possible. The NFL doesn’t really care about the safety of its players, but maybe some owners care about losing star players to injury. Say the Patriots had lost Tom Brady to a turf-related injury. How much would Bob Kraft pay to magically get him back on the field? Yes, the stadiums are used for other things besides football, but I’ve never met anyone who prefers playing football on turf rather than grass. And that’s just high school and college players. I imagine that sentiment is the same in the pros.

By the way… how much of a home-field advantage would the Vikings and Lions have if they had outdoor stadiums? The worst thing they ever did was move inside. The idea of the Patriots playing in a dome would be unthinkable here… There’s nothing like outdoor football in the snow and mud.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Dear God!

1701038519345.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad