Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season - 154-8 still possible - Adam Duvall suffered fractured wrist, no timetable set for his return

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Last night's leadoff hitter is now hitting .097 and the 3 hitter is at .189.

Bottom 3 all below the Mendoza line also.

Sure, but I'm just saying it's hard to complain about the production so far. Plus they haven't played enough to know much of anything yet. And pitching tends to be ahead of the offense in April, when scoring is lower compared to the summer months because of the weather.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Losing Duvall hurts because he’s a primary power source for the lineup. The offense needs to play smart baseball and manufacture some runs with him out.

It’s nice to see the starting pitching improve the second time through. Bullpen has been pretty good all year. Just need some guys in the lineup like Turner and Arroyo to start hitting- track record indicates they will. Turner also had a slow start last year before being arguably the best hitter in baseball from July on

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
This defense saves NOTHING. I am sick and tired of it. PUT FRIGGIN HERNANDEZ IN CF WHERE HE BELONGS AND GET A LEGIT SS. For gods sake.

These guys Bloom and even Cora drive me crazy.

• Wow
Reactions: smithformeragent

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
pain

No breaks!

This defense saves NOTHING. I am sick and tired of it. PUT FRIGGIN HERNANDEZ IN CF WHERE HE BELONGS AND GET A LEGIT SS. For gods sake.

These guys Bloom and even Cora drive me crazy.
They have legit SS, they’re just both on the IL

Minor news because I never envisioned him making it after the last few years but Durbin Feltman was released

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Whitlock switched to #22? Cool that he's getting a real number.

You know what fascinates me, nobody has worn #21 since Roger Clemens left in 1996. It's weird because on one hand his accomplishments here merit number retirement but the acrimony in how he left and publicly handled himself after leaving makes it impossible for the organization to honor him, so it's in this kind of semi-taboo untouchable space where nobody dares go near it.

Lots of players, both good and replacement level JAGs have worn Nomar's #5. Manny's #24 has been worn twice since he left, Schilling's #38 is in regular rotation, even Kutter Crawford took Mookie's old number. But Clemens' number is untouchable.

Only other guys who seem to be in reserve are Varitek and Wakefield's #33 and #49, since they were franchise legends who everyone respects greatly but don't necessarily merit retirement based on the standards of the team.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Both? Story may be a long term 2B and Mondesi is hardly a solution.
Story is a SS who played 2B because Bogaerts was here. His arm wasn’t the best but he was still an easy + defender there in his last season in Colorado, and now the arm is repaired.

Mondesi is one of the best defensive SS in baseball. Between the two they’ll be fine there. No need to trade for a SS.

What they should be doing for now imo is maximizing pitching and defense by playing Chang at SS and Kikè in CF.

Reactions: Mr Cartmenez

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Story is a SS who played 2B because Bogaerts was here. His arm wasn’t the best but he was still an easy + defender there in his last season in Colorado, and now the arm is repaired.

Mondesi is one of the best defensive SS in baseball. Between the two they’ll be fine there. No need to trade for a SS.

What they should be doing for now imo is maximizing pitching and defense by playing Chang at SS and Kikè in CF.

Not convinced Story stays at SS long term, but if he can, fine by me. Mondesi may be the best defensive SS, but can we afford another bottom of the order bat?

Agreed with the last sentence. They need to stop the bleeding on defense.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not convinced Story stays at SS long term, but if he can, fine by me. Mondesi may be the best defensive SS, but can we afford another bottom of the order bat?

Agreed with the last sentence. They need to stop the bleeding on defense.
This roster may be the death of me because they have talent, it’s just death by papercuts when we play genuinely good teams like the Rays

Like it’s 2-0 off of a dropped ball in CF that Kikè would’ve camped under and our pitchers not holding guys on. Devers got hit on the hand in the 9th the other day and they haven’t gotten a single break since (unless we are counting the break in Duvalls wrist :()

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Top pitching prospect going for Tampa tomorrow, hopefully they’ll be able to mentally scar him. Gonna feel like a walk in the park after facing McLanahan

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I can’t wait to see him pitch. Heavily invested in him in dynasty lol
Lol I feel that, that was me with Shane Baz last year :(

TINSTAAPP (there is no such thing as a pitching prospect) is something I should adhere to but I get silly over certain arms and don’t

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Shoot if David Hamilton keeps hitting the way he’s hitting in Worcester he may be the SS by July (not particularly good defensively but definitely the fastest guy in the org)

Reactions: Mione134
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad