Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season - 154-8 still possible - Adam Duvall suffered fractured wrist, no timetable set for his return

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

There is no hype for the season or interest in the team. Half empty ballpark all year! Fans should boycott!

Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Screenshot_20230402_195549_Chrome.jpg

This gives me hope. I genuinely believe we will be a WC team this year.

Screenshot_20230402_195620_Chrome.jpg

As long as this team puts in the effort and gives a shit unlike last year, I'll be happy.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I will keep on saying this for awhile: Aside from a fun looking Red Sox squad early in the season (hopefully lasts), the MLB hit a HR with the rule changes, especially with the pitch clock. It makes the games way more dynamic. It not only shortens the TOG, but also puts consistent pressure on the hitters/pitchers, which leads to more errors. This sport has such an easy path to making their product better...next should be the robo umps.

These 8-9, 9-10 games usually would have lasted much longer. If they get these scores in under or at around 3 hours, this is a big, big win.

Last edited:

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I will keep on saying this for awhile: Aside from a fun looking Red Sox squad early in the season (hopefully lasts), the MLB hit a HR with the rule changes, especially with the pitch clock. It makes the games way more dynamic. It not only shortens the TOG, but also puts consistent pressure on the hitters/pitchers, which leads to more errors. This sport has such an easy path to making their product better...next should be the robo umps.

These 8-9, 9-10 games usually would have lasted much longer. If they get these scores in under or at around 3 hours, this is a big, big win.
Agreed with everything you said, except for the part about the robo-umps. I'm a hard NO on that one.

Very curious to see how the shortened games affect concession sales. Not that this matters to me in the slightest, but it very well might matter to ownership.....

Went to a spring training game this year and went for a beer between innings. By the time I got back to my seat, I'd missed 4 outs, and the line wasn't even that long. It was wild.

View attachment 680810

This gives me hope. I genuinely believe we will be a WC team this year.

View attachment 680812

As long as this team puts in the effort and gives a shit unlike last year, I'll be happy.
That's the beautiful thing about baseball in April. Everyone still has hope.....

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I been going for years and looking forward to with the rule changes - under 3 hours important

I like baseball like hockey and posters I have zero respect for who probably spend more on cigarettes, alcohol, drugs and ring dings then I do on my ‘night out’ spare me your shitty opinion about me lighting money on fire

Worry about your own life

Reactions: Ritmo and CDJ

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
2 walks and a triple today by the new Bobby "I also went to Pearle Vision" Dalbec.

Screenshot_20230402_214645_Chrome.jpg

3B, Shortstop, 1B, and he'll play in the outfield this year. But it seems they want him at SS primarily.

Maybe all he needed was glasses.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If they straighten out the pitching, they’ll be dangerous.
I think it's safe to say both areas will level out but in the end if you want to be a competitive team you gotta win a home series against the Orioles. Granted they absolutely should have lost the series but the standings say 2-1 and now you get the minor league Pittsburgh Pirates.

2 walks and a triple today by the new Bobby "I also went to Pearle Vision" Dalbec.

View attachment 680925

3B, Shortstop, 1B, and he'll play in the outfield this year. But it seems they want him at SS primarily.

Maybe all he needed was glasses.
Just like Ricky Vaughn. Also, getting serial killer vibes.

Reactions: Mione134

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Why does anyone throw a fastball down in zone to Duvall

He’s got the third highest launch angle (21.9%) in baseball and is strong as a bull.

His isolated power since 2016 is .237 (slugging % - batting average) is 37th out of 418 qualified batters-

Betts is 36
Devers 46

The negative is 28.9 % wiff rate which is 376 out of those 418 qualifiers which is bad

However you want to date a hot model who’s nice who can’t cook and doesn’t like sports this is your guy

Worth it

Reactions: CDJ and JRull86

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
They’ll win anywhere between 72 and 92 games
The Red Sox became the third team to start the season scoring at least 9 runs in the first 3 games

1976 Cincinnati Reds (Rose, Griffey Sr, Morgan, Bench, Perez, Foster, Concepcion)

Greatest team going back to 1967 for me

1978 Milwaukee Brewers
(Molitor, Yount, Cooper, Oglivie, Thomas)

Get Story back to play second and team will score runs

Reactions: CDJ

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Why does anyone throw a fastball down in zone to Duvall

He’s got the third highest launch angle (21.9%) in baseball and is strong as a bull.

His isolated power since 2016 is .237 (slugging % - batting average) is 37th out of 418 qualified batters-

Betts is 36
Devers 46

The negative is 28.9 % wiff rate which is 376 out of those 418 qualifiers which is bad

However you want to date a hot model who’s nice who can’t cook and doesn’t like sports this is your guy

Worth it

Doesn't sound like a very telling stat.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So, it's Dave Kingman's favorite modern stat.

Was Joey Gallo in the top ten?
Joey didn’t hit enough to have a very good iso, he was somewhere in the .190s for ISO last year (slugging was only .350)

This year so far his ISO is .700 tho ;) good start for him

Last edited:
Reactions: Dennis Bonvie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad