2023 Prospect Poll #4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the Sabres' #4 prospect?

• Maxim Strbak, D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lukas Rousek, W

• Nikita Novikov, D

• Viktor Neuchev, W

• Prokhor Poltapov, W

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
It's crazy - as recently as Spring 2018 we were still voting for Bailey, Baptiste, and Fasching - over Casey Fitzgerald who has I'm sure played more NHL games (though Fasching may pass him) and Brandon Hagel! Maybe Botts wasn't the only one who saw enough in him - he only got one vote for #20! Props to @sincerity0 !

No one on that list had anywhere near the upside of Laaksonen lol

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
We have a more elite and deeper pool of prospects than when the three most named were Bailey, Baptiste, and Fasching - in my opinion. However, you may disagree.
I’d agree with that. But graduating half your top 15 to NHL regulars is still a pretty good track record. And if I’m remembering correctly that’s a top 5 with fairly high ceilings. I think Larson may have been more board effects than ceiling but the other 4 are all top line/pairing projects. What we do have is a NHL roster that needs a lot less of those players to pan out. If the current crop of prospects sees a similar development curve to those guys we aren’t doomed like we’d be heading into the reinhart/eichel drafts. But I’m much less of an optimist when it comes to prospects and development than most people on these boards. If we graduate 1 Star and 6 NHL regulars out of the current crop I think they will have done a decent job. It’s also why I’m willing to trade most of them and why I rate actual performance higher than projected ceilings in the rankings. I think sometimes what gets lost in these is that no matter much you love the prospect pool and no matter how successful a team is at drafting talent many if not most will never become nhlers. Graduating Benson, Savoie, and Kulich to close to their potential will still be a draft/development triumph if it happens and probably shouldn’t be expected.

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
We have a more elite and deeper pool of prospects than when the three most named were Bailey, Baptiste, and Fasching - in my opinion. However, you may disagree.
I too appreciate what the scouting and analytics guys have going on, and the support they have received.

Reactions: Dingo44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad