2023 Prospect Poll #1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the Sabres' #1 prospect?

• Isak Rosen, W

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noah Ostlund, C

• Ryan Johnson, D

• Anton Wahlberg, C/W

• Maxim Strbak, D

• Lukas Rousek, W

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
2022 Poll Results
Notable graduates: Owen Power, Jack Quinn, J.J. Peterka

RULES: Each poll will remain open for 2 days. In the case of a tie within the top 10, I'll create a 1-day runoff poll to decide the winner. Ties outside of the top 10 will be let stand as ties. For each additional poll, I will add the most commented next to add prospect.

ELIGIBILITY: All players whose rights are held by the Buffalo Sabres and who are eligible to win the Calder Trophy for the 2023-24 season are eligible inclusion. That means a prospect is eligible if--
  • He is under age 26 (as of September 15, 2023);
  • He has played no more than 25 games in any single preceding season; and
  • He has not played 6 or more games in each of any two or more preceding seasons.

NEXT TO ADD: Comment the player you want to see added to the next poll. The following players are eligible:
  • Forwards: Viktor Neuchev, Olivier Nadeau, Prokhor Poltapov, Alexander Kisakov, Ethan Miedema, Tyson Kozak, Filip Cederqvist, Linus Sjodin, Brandon Biro, Linus Weissbach, Aaron Huglen, Matteo Costantini, Gustav Karlsson, Jake Richard, Joel Berndtsson, Stiven Sardaryan, Viljami Marjala, William von Barnekow, Jakub Konecny, Justin Richards, Brett Murray
  • Defensemen: Gavin McCarthy, Nikita Novikov, Mats Lindgren, Vsemolod Komarov, Shane Keohane, Albert Lyckasen, Norwin Panocha
  • Goalies: Scott Ratzlaff, Topias Leinonen

Last edited:

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
If these are based on ceiling potential.. Levi will be more impactful than Benson if both reach their full potential.

Levi add Novikov

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
If these are based on ceiling potential.. Levi will be more impactful than Benson

Levi add Novikov
Best Prospect by definition should be highest potential. Benson is great, but I don't think he has too much upside left and doubt he will be much more than a 20 goal scorer.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Best Prospect by definition should be highest potential. Benson is great, but I don't think he has too much upside left and doubt he will be much more than a 20 goal scorer.
Personally if our offense stays as good as it was last year, Benson is just more of the same. We really need a goalie to take the Sabres the next level.

Ceiling wise, Benson can be a Marner, Levi could be the next Carey Price. One can carry a team alone.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Poor Levi. People are going to turn on this kid fast when their expectations meet reality of a rookie with no pro experience being thrown into the deep end and sinking.

You‘re expectations are way too high if you‘ve convinced yourself that he’s like…definitely going to be one of the top 3 goalies in the league. Man…

I get the the Adams tenure has starved everyone for even average goaltending. But you have to walk back these expectations before the season starts or you’re going to jump off a ledge.

And that’s with ignoring that goalies are voodoo.

It’s easily Benson and it’s not particularly close

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad