2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

McCarthy is going to be an interesting player to watch.

He is a Buffalo kid. He is a former Jr Sabre. He is a RHD. And he was Jake Richard's teammate in Muskegon in 21-22 (and they might be teammates in Muskegon again in 22-23).

He is committed to BU and is expected to play there starting in 23-24.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Team Canada camp observations​

Adam Fantilli, LW, 2023 draft eligible: Fantilli was solid in the camp. He generates some offense, but I can’t say he generated a ton. His pure athleticism stood out, though. He has a big frame and can skate quite well considering that. He was able to generate a lot of controlled exits and entries with his speed and win battles due to his sheer strength.

Team USA camp observations​

Charlie Stramel, C, 2023 draft eligible: Stramel was a wrecking ball for much of the weekend, and it’s certainly notable to see a 17-year-old be such a physically dominant presence at an under-20 camp. Add in his strong skating for his size and the fact he plays center, and it’s easy to get excited about Stramel’s potential. I see a Brady Tkachuk starter kit, and if Stramel can put together a productive freshman season at Wisconsin, he should have a chance to get drafted in a similar range to Tkachuk, who went No. 4 in 2018.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Marek Zidlicky? Nothing like drafting kids of guys who were playing when you were already in college to make you feel old...

Denis Gauthier's kid is playing. I know his sucker punch on Pat Kaleta was a big topic of conversation on here when it happened. Pat was so f'd up that he couldn't see.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
It absolutely was knee on knee.

Those things happen. But, it was not a situation where he hit him clean, either.
Disagree. Emelin had position and hit him shoulder to chest. Michkov cutting into the center of the ice was a bad decision.

More relevant is wtf is a 17 year-old doing on the ice, exhibition game or not, against seasoned veterans? Emelin outweighs him by 40+ pounds. I don't care about him being the captain of Russia's U25 team. It's just stupid. (U25 team? That's another wtf for me.)

Most relevant is him getting well.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Do you think the other team is putting out children when the actual KHL games start?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
What do you think @Fjordy ?
About what? Hit on Michkov? I think within the rules, in fact, even the SKA coach thinks so, although the hit was tough.

Russia U25 its normal, there are no international tournaments and need to somehow get game practice, especially since there are mostly players who are 18-20 years old, only 2-3 players are a little older.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It is basically getting injured in a preseason game. Shit happens. Hopefully for all of us, he's healthy and back to being himself soon. Maybe PK Subban can send him a get-well soon card since it was Emelin doing the damage *again*.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
I’m really sad about Michkov. It reminds me of Jiricek, except it happened sooner and is hopefully expected to be less time away.

I hate seeing these top picks injured and it possibly changing their draft position. He already had the deck stacked against him being in Russia and signed until ‘26.

Reactions: Willgamesh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad