GDT: 2023 NHL Draft: Day 2 (Rounds 2-7), Thursday, June 29, 11 a.m. NHLN, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
HFhabs getting mad at picks that has a 1-2% hitrate.

Typical exposure of negative, pre-conceived bias.
The way I look at is we have 98% of being right to be mad also if your picking ramdom guy in the 4th that isn’t on the radar and passing guy that could have been 2nd rounder you are increasing these odds of being wrong

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
read somewhere (le journal I think) that Habs drafted Wifi's brother? Is he just a good throwing haymakers?

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Probably why Habs aren't very successful. Looking at winning organizations, they seem to do quite well in drafting.
Our last two draft got us

Slafkovsky, (Dach can we count him?), Reinbacher, Hutson, Beck.

I would say the jury is still out on this one but

Top 6 power forward
Top 6 C
Top pair RD
Top offensive D
Top middle six, defensive C.

Seems like quite the haul mate. Slafkovksy, Dach, Hutson and Reinbacher also still have a chance to become superstar assuming a surge in their development.

Reactions: Redux91 and MadMslm

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Top 6 power forward
Top 6 C
Top pair RD
Top offensive D

Seems like quite the haul mate. Slafkovksy, Dach, Hutson and Reinbacher also still have a chance to become superstar assuming a surge in their development.
I think we need to look at Newhook as a part of this draft since they gave two picks for him.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I’m at a loss. Did they have intel that Bogdan wouldn’t have made it much further? Maybe they view it as a diamond in the rough, but you couldn’t wait until the 5th or 6th.

And Florian…cool story. But the 4th round, really?

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Top 6 power forward
Top 6 C
Top pair RD
Top offensive D

I don't get it, you dismiss picks arguing about hit rates but also preaching about unproven prospects as if drafting is worth it. Can't have it both ways.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
From McKeen's, posted 9 days ago :

Viktor Fomich (Russian Scout)

Bogdan Konyushkov - Defense - Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod (KHL)

When a player is undrafted a couple of times already and is in his last year of draft eligibility, it takes something special for him to finally get noticed. If we look at the basic stat line it looks good, but not too special for defenseman Bogdan Konyushkov, which is likely the reason there isn’t much mainstream talk about him outside of Russia, yet even just pure stats can be more interesting if we look at those closer and at the right angle. First thing that stands out in case of Konyushkov is that despite his age he made his KHL debut just this season and actually led his KHL team in average ice time, as his cerebral game on both ends convinced coach Igor Larionov to immediately give him an opportunity for a leading role on the team. And if we look at advanced stats, those are telling that this trust paid off really well, as Konyushkov is among the league’s leaders in both completed pass amount and percentage, as well as in the puck battle win percentage — quite a debut season I’d say. As a bonus Konyushkov is right handed, just in case if everything described above isn’t convincing enough yet about him potentially being a very intriguing prospect for the coming draft.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

Top 6 power forward
Top 6 C
Top pair RD
Top offensive D

Wouldn't count out Engstrom and Mesar either

Reactions: Jaynki

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I think we need to look at Newhook as a part of this draft since they gave two picks for him.
We will see how he fares with us but we potentially have six core players in two draft and four of them have legit superstar upside. (Slafkovsky, Dach, Hutson, Reinbacher + Newhook + Beck)

Way better than michkov, wright, gulyayev, gauthier, nazar/romanov,

Reactions: dralaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad