NFL: 2023 NFL season news & notes discussion thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
And I drafted him in the first round in fantasy. If he doesn't play, I might actually change my pick to Detroit winning the game. The first game of the NFL season does have a tendency to be weird.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I really want Detroit to win the North, so if they come out on Thursday and win, that will already be a major statement. If Kelce doesn't play, and Jones isn't there, they have an opportunity.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I really want Detroit to win the North, so if they come out on Thursday and win, that will already be a major statement. If Kelce doesn't play, and Jones isn't there, they have an opportunity.
Without best defensive player and best weapon that's a huge benefit for Detroit, though they are also without Wiliamson, their WR2 behind St. Brown due to suspension.

If you have a chance at an upset, have to take advantage of it. All other division foes will face KC, and probably won't see them without both Jones and Kelce. Chicago gets KC in week 3, and Kelce should be fine by then. Jones needs to sign soon to be in game shape for Chicago in Week 3. Minny gets KC in week 5.

Reactions: SJSharksfan39

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Pro Football Reference has success rates on offense for players going back to ‘94.Interesting stat.

1694028514856.png

Reactions: GKJ

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Why are you looking at Trent Richardson's stats?
Wanted to see what a bad success line looked like.

Bettis is the one I was pretty interested in. He takes a lot of crap for his 3.9 yard average, but he did convert fairly often.

1694037761926.png

Hopefully they get more years filled in and more leader boards.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Wanted to see what a bad success line looked like.

Bettis is the one I was pretty interested in. He takes a lot of crap for his 3.9 yard average, but he did convert fairly often.

View attachment 741388

Hopefully they get more years filled in and more leader boards.
Richardson's percentage isn't horrible, right? His main problem was he ran straight to the hole and was tackled by the first defender to make contact. Thanks to a decent o-line, this resulted in some yardage numbers that weren't bad, but it also meant he broke no big runs. Guy had no moves and no vision.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Richardson's percentage isn't horrible, right? His main problem was he ran straight to the hole and was tackled by the first defender to make contact. Thanks to a decent o-line, this resulted in some yardage numbers that weren't bad, but it also meant he broke no big runs. Guy had no moves and no vision.
He missed the hole pretty often.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012

Awful news, just 36 years old

Sounds like this report was mistaken and he is currently on life support.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Anyone been following the Chandler Jones situation? Kind of bizarre which is par for the course for the Raiders.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Once upon a time Tank Johnson threatened to kill Ed Werder and asked him for his address. Werder didn't answer but did buy a gun. @StreetHawk

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Once upon a time Tank Johnson threatened to kill Ed Werder and asked him for his address. Werder didn't answer but did buy a gun. @StreetHawk
Jones was the big LV signing last season. Former Patriots so Josh knows him. But he was a big disappointment last season. That is why they opted to draft Wilson over Gonzalez at CB which was also a big need.

Is LV trying to find an out in his contract to void it since they would be on the hook for a big dead cap charge by cutting him?

His brother is Jon Jones of ufc fame who has had a couple of high profile incidents over the years. But older brother Arthur was also an nfl player and I never heard anything bad about him. Who knows what is going on there.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Anyone seen the stuff about Caleb Williams' dad talking about him staying in school another year if the 1OA picking team is dogshit?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Anyone seen the stuff about Caleb Williams' dad talking about him staying in school another year if the 1OA picking team is dogshit?
Every QB has to sign a rookie deal. So, it's more about getting through that rookie deal a year quicker and then onto the monster $50 mill per contract #2.

But, being on a poorly run team isn't good for your long term career. Carson Palmer had the talent and ability to be a HOFer, but ended up on the Bengals and Raiders til his early 30's.

I guess you can look in recent years with Burrow, Lawrence who went to long time bad teams in Cincy and Jax and got them to the PO in year 2 as being able to turn around poorly run teams.

I think Lawrence would have done the same if he landed with the Jets, something Wilson who wasn't as good as the hype couldn't do.

Do wonder if the survey that the PA filled out last season where AZ was ranked at the bottom and has as good as shot as any team at 1OA, is a concern now. Seeing how players truly feel about certain teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad