Prospect Info: [2023 - 69th] Jacob Fowler (NCAA - Boston College)

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
No that is garbage. Until he is playing behind a contending team we won't know.
Exactly. He’s literally stolen points for this team. You can’t say the same for many other bottom ten teams regardless of how good their goalies were supposed to be. If he struggles when they’re ready to compete, then we’ll know for sure, but I highly doubt he does.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Devastated. I believe his talent level is meh (by NHL standards, obviously). He gives up a bad goal pretty much every couple of games. And he’s not that young anymore. But he’s way better than Primeau, that I’ll grant you.
He’s 27! Most goalies are just coming into their own in their mid 20’s. and he’s improved leaps and bounds since arriving. You can clearly see the focus and steadiness in his game. No one is saying he’s top 5, but he’s far from “meh”. The Habs have had one of the youngest teams in the league. That has a huge impact on a goalie with little nhl experience. Just wait and see what happens this year. I think the naysayers will be surprised.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
The 3 headed monster we played in goal last year was a recipe for disaster…. for any pro goaltender. I’m comfortable with Monty starting & Primeau backing him up. It’s not Vezina worthy but a solid middle of the road pairing.

Fowler is wicked good, we got one here.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The 3 headed monster we played in goal last year was a recipe for disaster…. for any pro goaltender. I’m comfortable with Monty starting & Primeau backing him up. It’s not Vezina worthy but a solid middle of the road pairing.

Fowler is wicked good, we got one here.
We also have another young goalie who is showing promise in Jakub Dobes.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
20240817_142016.jpg
20240817_142013.jpg

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Yeah, he's just young enough to play again in his 3rd. Which good for him, I think Fowler has more to be a better NHL goaltender. I ranked them far apart in their draft and i still do.
Augustine has done well since leaving the NTDP. I like Fowler, too, but that's no reason to slight Augustine. It's okay for both to look promising.

Jul 6, 2016
I still think Habs were very lucky to draft Fowler in the 3rd round. FIVE other goalies were drafted ahead of him in the 2nd. How come Fowler stayed under the other clubs’ radars ?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I still think Habs were very lucky to draft Fowler in the 3rd round. FIVE other goalies were drafted ahead of him in the 2nd. How come Fowler stayed under the other clubs’ radars ?
Because the Habs used their 2nd, along with their late 1st to acquire Newhook

Reactions: 1909

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad