GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers 4/28/24 EDM leads 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
GMOGK6obAAA7ci8

Los Angeles Kings(43-27-11, 99pts, 3rd in Pacific) vs Edmonton Oilers(49-27-6 104pts, 2nd in Pacific)
Crypto.com Arena | Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:30pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West/ TBS RADIO: I Heart Radio App

Regular Season Stats
iccQj9q.png

JXZ1VfS.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings

asLp4cQ.png

XN2npCz.png

YPHAtd4.png

uaLJ1fm.png

Scratches: Arthur Kaliyev, Jacob Moverare, Aaron Dell
Injuries: Phoenix Copley
Covid: N/A

:edmonton

pOjQYTw.png

M8ypE3M.png

cJ5hE09.png

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2022​

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
(More a reply based on last thread discussion)

I think the one thing I'm really noticing this year is LA losing composure very quickly and more intensely than the previous years.

Typically it's the Oilers losing patience and taking retaliatory penalties. And (imho) the loss of Vilardi and Iafallo is making a bigger impact than I thought. If I was an LA fan, that trade would have gutted me, especially as it is hard to like PLD at all.

Game 3 was a mature, dominant game from the Oil. But I've now watched too many playoffs in my life to base a series on one or two games. If LA traps/plays as hard as they can and win Game 4 and tie the series, this looks to be a different conversation of "This is what LA needs to do in the offseason" to "Can they keep this up and push the series to 7"

That the Oilers are overall the better team is not in question...it's can they impose their "Game 3" will for the rest of the playoffs? I pray they will, but better to be cautious than determine it's all over...

As for tonight; Oilers need to play with purpose from puck drop; LA needs to maintain composure and adjust if they get down early.

Oilers 4-1

(or LA 27-4 if you go by Sportsnet stats)

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Have I bitched about the start time yet? 10:30 EST on a Sunday night... so 11 EST puck drop? That's a 9pm puck drop in Edmonton. No way Leaf fans would be happy with a 9pm puck drop in Toronto!

Otherwise.. last game was great. The teams hate each other. Let's see how it goes. A win here would buy us some breathing room which would be great!

Still worried about Talbot.

Still worried about Ceci/Nurse.

Loving PIsani run by Holloway!

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
Have I bitched about the start time yet? 10:30 EST on a Sunday night... so 11 EST puck drop? That's a 9pm puck drop in Edmonton. No way Leaf fans would be happy with a 9pm puck drop in Toronto!

Otherwise.. last game was great. The teams hate each other. Let's see how it goes. A win here would buy us some breathing room which would be great!

Still worried about Talbot.

Still worried about Ceci/Nurse.

Loving PIsani run by Holloway!
The start times are absolutely ludicrous.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
GMOGK6obAAA7ci8

Los Angeles Kings(43-27-11, 99pts, 3rd in Pacific) vs Edmonton Oilers(49-27-6 104pts, 2nd in Pacific)
Crypto.com Arena | Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:30pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West/ TBS RADIO: I Heart Radio App

Regular Season Stats
iccQj9q.png

JXZ1VfS.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings

asLp4cQ.png

XN2npCz.png

YPHAtd4.png

uaLJ1fm.png

Scratches: Arthur Kaliyev, Jacob Moverare, Aaron Dell
Injuries: Phoenix Copley

:edmonton

pOjQYTw.png

M8ypE3M.png

cJ5hE09.png

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2022​
Maybe the rankings on those LA player cards (?) are accurate in a general sense, but the idea that Adrian Kempe is ranked the same as Moore, Arvidsson, Dubois, etc is a horse laugh. Kempe has arguably the most dangerous player against Edmonton in all three playoff series. As an Oiler fan, he's the guy who worries me the most, and it's not even close. I wonder if he's just another name to folks on the east coast. Kempe is legit.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Maybe the rankings on those LA player cards (?) are accurate in a general sense, but the idea that Adrian Kempe is ranked the same as Moore, Arvidsson, Dubois, etc is a horse laugh. Kempe has arguably the most dangerous player against Edmonton in all three playoff series. As an Oiler fan, he's the guy who worries me the most, and it's not even close. I wonder if he's just another name to folks on the east coast. Kempe is legit.
Kempe has all the tools to be a star. Early in his career you could tell he was great but it didnt seem like hockey was life for him. Not that he hates it and doesnt try. Theres just that fine line between the McDavids Mackinnons and Crosbys that on top of their skill just live and breathe the game.
His own father said he wished he had the heart of his brother Mario who was a lunch pail type grinder.
That was years ago though and Kempe has turned into a really good two way player.
Watching him in person there are many nights hes the best player on the ice on either team and the way he can pick corners with a quick release in stride going full speed is a treat.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Kempe has all the tools to be a star. Early in his career you could tell he was great but it didnt seem like hockey was life for him. Not that he hates it and doesnt try. Theres just that fine line between the McDavids Mackinnons and Crosbys that on top of their skill just live and breathe the game.
His own father said he wished he had the heart of his brother Mario who was a lunch pail type grinder.
That was years ago though and Kempe has turned into a really good two way player.
Watching him in person there are many nights hes the best player on the ice on either team and the way he can pick corners with a quick release in stride going full speed is a treat.
Kempe scares the bejesus out of me everytime he has the puck and moreso with how shaky Skinner has played.

The oilers have never had a player who could shoot the puck like that in my lifetime and I have always envied teams with those guys.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Reminds me a bit of Filip Forsberg with the quick sneaky release and accuracy. Those two have among the best wrist shots on the NHL.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Kempe scares the bejesus out of me everytime he has the puck and moreso with how shaky Skinner has played.

The oilers have never had a player who could shoot the puck like that in my lifetime and I have always envied teams with those guys.
Yea Im surprised that he doesnt get more acknowledgement from the media about his shot. He has a quick release and flat out beats goalies clean with no screen from all over the whether its close to the wall or the slot.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The Kings are still scary. It will be key for both teams to get the first goal. When the Kings get the lead and sit on it, they are very comfortable. It seems to even make them deadlier on offense, having the luxury of just counter-punching

Reactions: Summer Rose

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It’s okay if you lose Kings. You tried your best. Well PLD didn’t but still…

And lay off the injuring of our guys please. Losing with class is like winning or something.

dabeechman

Sep 12, 2006
Mid season Moore was IMO more noticeable than Kempe.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
yeah I have work tomorrow and really want to watch this game tonight.

League trying to spread out the games like yesterday which was very good but 10:30 ET on a Sunday?

I will also probably miss tonight's game, which sucks because I'd really be interested in watching it all. Had to wake up early though, and don't do well staying up very late.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This will either be 8-2 Oilers or a game that should be 8-2 Oilers but ends up 3-0 Kings.

With a chance of Skinner going out and choking again for like a 6-5 Kings game or something.

Yeah came to post

This is either a turning point in the series

or a gigantic wet fart

with like no grey area in between

Rittich isn't going to help the special teams though

BSD has been literally magnificent in spot duty but can he do it for more than one game in a row

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Oilers are use to scoring on Rittich. Not sure this actually helps LA..

Talbot's last 5 games: .850, .871, .864, .692, .893

Rittich: .966, .938, .886, 1.000, .862, 1.000

Boldfaced are wins

And yes Talbot's last three are edmonton but the previous are Minnesota, Chicago, Anaheim so it's not just padding

Regardless of the matchup, seems like a pretty easy choice, given goaltending has been a major factor in the first 3 games, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad