2023-24 Ted Lindsay Award finalists: Nikita Kucherov, Nathan MacKinnon, Auston Matthews | Winner: Nathan MacKinnon

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
Weird to vote for another winner then... pick someone new.

What's more likely is that they think it is very hard to score and 69 goals is an insane number.

There might have been a single vote difference between Matthews/McDavid... who knows.
Yeah. I look forward to seeing the votes. I think it’ll be really close

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
100 assists is objectively harder to get than 69 goals.
And NHL players subjective opinions are more important than objective stats.

I said this a while ago…I think the majority of NHLers would rather score 69 goals in a season over putting up 100 assists. Including McDavid.

Don’t know for sure but this vote kinda, sorta leans that way

Reactions: LivingRentFree

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Good for Matthews, he needed this after how his season ended

Think it will be between Mackinnon or Kucherov though. Mack should have it. I think this is the year he gets the Hart and Lindsey. He is deserving of both (and continues to be in the playoffs, even though that is not technically supposed to influence things).

CantHaveTkachev

Accruing Cap Space
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Haha sorry to Edmonton fans and the rabid Leaf haters but for the 2nd time in 3 years the people that actually play this game at the highest level view Matthews as a better player than McDavid.
nah, McDavid performs in the playoffs....unlike Matthews

Easy to play playoff games against weak competition and 3rd string goalies. The dudes missed the playoffs a bunch and been swept twice when it mattered.
how did Matthews do against CBJ in 2020 and Montreal in 2021?

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I hope Matthews wins so the crying on this thread gets worse. The guy had a historic goal scoring season. Playoffs aren’t part of this.

I love how HF gets its panties in a knot every time Matthews is up for an award.

CantHaveTkachev

Accruing Cap Space
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Carey Price and Montreal deserve the respect of what they did that year. They were fantastic.
yeah, there's always an excuse in Toronto...that's why that franchise has been perennial losers year-in and year-out :laugh:

funny how McDavid managed to beat a Vezina nominated goalie in 2022 but the Core 4 in Toronto thinks "scoring is hard"...led by Matthews

(also funny how Toronto won 2 games without him in the line-up then lost when he was there lol)

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
I think the Lindsay winner votes will be split quite a bit. Don’t think it’s gonna be a runaway for anybody.

Mack had an amazing season is a hart finalist and battled for the Art Ross all season

Kuch had an amazing season too. Art Ross win and 100 assists.

Matthews put up the most goals in a long time while nominated for good d play.

When I look at it this way….if I was an nhler my vote my flip flop a couple times.

If I was a player and had to pick which regular season I’d wanna have I’d pick the 69 ;)

But I’m biased

Last edited:

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
yeah, there's always an excuse in Toronto...that's why that franchise has been perennial losers year-in and year-out :laugh:

funny how McDavid managed to beat a Vezina nominated goalie in 2022 but the Core 4 in Toronto thinks "scoring is hard"...led by Matthews

(also funny how Toronto won 2 games without him in the line-up then lost when he was there lol)
lol

Both McD and Matthews have won zero conference final games in their careers. What's the excuse in Edmonton?

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
lol

Both McD and Matthews have won zero conference final games in their careers. What's the excuse in Edmonton?
Ok this is also getting absurd in the opposite direction. Mcdavid has 87 pts in the playoffs in 54 games. He has 12 in 5 this year. He is a way, way, way better playoff performer than Matthews and it’s not even remotely close.

Reactions: Romang67

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Ok this is also getting absurd in the opposite direction. Mcdavid has 87 pts in the playoffs in 54 games. He has 12 in 5 this year. He is a way, way, way better playoff performer than Matthews and it’s not even remotely close.
Edmonton fans are desperate so they brought up the discussion about playoff success. Leafs fans didn't start it in this thread.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Edmonton fans are desperate so they brought up the discussion about playoff success. Leafs fans didn't start it in this thread.
Sure, I don’t see how who started it is relevant. The fact is that their playoff success isn’t even close. Mcdavid is the far superior playoff player by a massive margin. Matthews had a Hart-worthy and Lindsay-worthy regular season this year. Both things can be true.

Reactions: Petrus

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
I’m happy AM is getting some recognition after the season he had almost hitting 70 goals. As for the reactions in this thread, probably voter’s fatigue is putting him ahead of McDavid combined with more people feeling the way I do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad