GDT: 2023-24 season game 61 LA Kings vs Vancouver Canucks @7:30pm 3/5/24

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
PLD is an overpaid, low event player. I know nobody disagrees with that. But if you’re gonna have a player like that on your team you might want to have a player out there with him who can make those few important events into important plays.

If you’re gonna stick a plug out there with an 8.5 million guy you’re going to get plug results.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
And yeah, wow has Nils Hoglander taken a big step for them.

You would think a guy who is so dominant 5 on 5 would get not only more icetime but some PP time as well.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Everyone stop whipping on JAD. He's doing just fine says noooo-one. Eeeexcept....:laugh:

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
JAD is an indictment that Hiller is not that smart. You got a scorer out (Kempe), you got to try something - you got a guy with a goal a game down there who never has been given a shot. Yet you keep rolling out your 16" spare tire on the 3rd line. Its just inexcusable.

Reactions: tny760 and ru4reals

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
After Doughty got taken down, he just went to work on that guy with about 5 crosschecks. Would've been nice if they called the penalty to begin with.

on one hand, I like that the refs are trying to not call stuff unless it's a clear change of possession sort of thing, it's very playoff-y

On the other, plays like that on Doughty in front prevent them from being able to GAIN possession, which I don't feel is much different. It was dirty AND it prevented the Kings getting to the puck in the corner. And it was insanely visible, like what the f*** are we doing here, canucks are in the zone for 30 seconds and just dropping guys

Like i said above it is what it is, Canucks prob deserved a goal in there somewhere, and important period coming up, but it grinds my gears that the Canucks started gaining possession and momentum off some ticky tack bullshit calls against the Kings then whoops, whistles have magically disappeared.

Reactions: kingsfan28

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
About as good as yours there bud, yes, it's important not to put too much stock in a few wins, but f*** it, let's put ALL of the f***ing stock in 60 minutes??

Like I said,..Jesus Christ...
Did you miss the part where I mentioned last year as well? I’m talking about the entire body of work. This happens over and over again. Want another example? The start of this season…Jesus Christ…

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
JAD is an indictment that Hiller is not that smart. You got a scorer out (Kempe), you got to try something - you got a guy with a goal a game down there who never has been given a shot. Yet you keep rolling out your 16" spare tire on the 3rd line. Its just inexcusable.
The bad teammate throws the good model teammate a wide open perfect centering pass and the good teammate doesn’t touch it. Bye get off the team guy. He’s had enough chances. You can’t have players do that to you when you’re playing in tight games.

Reactions: tny760

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Did you miss the part where I mentioned last year as well? I’m talking about the entire body of work. This happens over and over again. Want another example? The start of this season…Jesus Christ…

Oh...you mean SPORTS IN GENERAL.....

Or is this just an LA Kings thing where they win some....then they go and lose some....tell me, what f***ing team hasn't done that since....sports was invented?

Like I said...Jesus Christ.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
The bad teammate throws the good model teammate a wide open perfect centering pass and the good teammate doesn’t touch it. Bye get off the team guy. He’s had enough chances. You can’t have players do that to you when you’re playing in tight games.
Like I said earlier.. he is not an NHL regular.. who cant see that? But why is getting 3rd line minutes? Can some do the hypothetical Jim Hiller response to the scrum question "What you like about JAD on the 3rd line"

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Crazy to think once upon a time that JAD made this team as a teenager and had what everyone thought was a very bright future.

He is looking like Rob Blake's version of Oscar Moller.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
They just have such a small margin of error right now, especially with Kempe and VA out injured. They just don't have a lot of natural talent on the roster, especially finishers, I mean Trevor Moore is the teams leading goal-scorer and only 20 goal-scorer, nothing against Moore but he's not exactly Ovechkin. They have to grind out defensive wins, and I am guessing that can be very draining and sometimes it's just hard to maintain it every night for 60 minutes.

It's extremely clear there is less offensive skill, pure skill, without Kempe and Arvidsson, they need more people to produce, rather than relying on Byfield, Moore, etc, it's a combination of both,

Reactions: AbsentMojo

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
guess it was a really hard pass, didn't have the space to float it in

probably not one timeable

tough

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad